All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 13.03

Tom Speirs

Sorry I hadn't had a chance to report back on this. I've looked all around my menu structure (not using custom menus), but thus far I haven't been able to locate any of my HDHomeRun streams in GameEx. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place? My log indicates that GameEx discovers the HDHomeRun at the appropriate IP address, but nothing else beyond that.

Likewise I've scoured the setup wizard for an applicable setting but have not seen anything.

I realized after re-reading the announcement that this feature supports live cable TV whereas I use my HDHomeRun only for OTA broadcasts. Maybe that has something to do with my not seeing the streams?

I sure do! Inside that directory is a file called Digital Antenna.xml which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?><Lineup>  <Program>    <Name>MPBS-HD</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>683000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>1747</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>3</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>49.1</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>MPBS-K</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>683000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>1747</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>4</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>49.2</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>MPBS-C</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>683000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>1747</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>5</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>49.3</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>MPBS-L</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>683000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>1747</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>7</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>49.5</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>KMTF</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>563000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>1765</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>1</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>10.1</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>ABC</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>515000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>0</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>1</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>21.1</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>FOX</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>515000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>0</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>2</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>21.2</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>KXLH</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>189000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>0</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>1</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>9.1</GuideNumber>  </Program>  <Program>    <Name>MPBS-W</Name>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>    <Frequency>683000000</Frequency>    <TransportStreamID>1747</TransportStreamID>    <ProgramNumber>6</ProgramNumber>    <GuideNumber>49.4</GuideNumber>  </Program></Lineup>

Progress! All of my channels are now displayed in the TV section. None of them will play though. It brings up a black screen for a few seconds then returns to GameEx. When I set up NextPVR to connect to the HDHomeRun it was very finicky about decoder settings. Perhaps that sort of thing may play an issue here as well? Here's the combination I'm using with no issues (I don't know if this helps at all, but in the interest of providing info about my setup)

NPVR_Decoders.png

Ok now I get to look like a bonehead ... I'm not sure how to test the URL string for 'playabililty'. :wacko:

All the same, I'm thinking this might play a part:

00:31:40.3 3/15/2013: Playing Video: hdhomerun://CableCARD/v21.2/7 FOX
00:31:40.3 3/15/2013: Open Video: hdhomerun://CableCARD/v21.2/7 FOX

Could it be as simple as replacing 'CableCARD' with 'ATSC'? I'm sure that's a drastic oversimplification, but in this case ATSC is the type of broadcast signal rather than CableCARD.

Here's that log.

Hmm ... Still experiencing similar results as before.

I've tried a few different main application settings in the application tab of the HDHomeRun Setup, but thus far have been unsuccessful in striking upon a working combination.

HDHomeRun_Apps.png