All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pacman Joystick

rlswick

I guess that’s the first question. Are you already using your Mag-Stik in 4-Way mode? If not, that will likely be the source of your issue. Using an 8-Way joystick for 4-Way games is always going to feel slightly (or majorly) off, due to the fact that you need to be hitting the appropriate contacts in the exact cardinal directions in order to register for 4 Way games such as Pac-Man.

If you're already utilizing 4-Way mode, is this just a matter of the wrong feel somehow? I was going to suggest taking a look at the ServoStik, but that may be dependent upon if you’re already using 4-Way mode with your Mag-Stik. Being that both it and the ServoStik are Ultimarc products there may or may not be a distinguishable difference in the way that they feel during 4 Way operation (I certainly can’t speak from experience though). If I were starting a cabinet build today, there would be no question for me that those ServoStiks would be the joysticks going in. Suzo-Happ is always another good option if you’re looking to go a different direction though. In point of fact, I just stumbled upon this which may be just the ticket.

Replacement Pac-Man Joystick for Original Arcade Game

It all depends on your use-case, and what you’re trying to accomplish. ;)

Yes thats where I got them and it is 4-way to 8-way,But IMO its feels sloppy to me,I even put the ball top on the joystick,but it doent have that tight feel that the pacman joystick had.(maybe its just me lol)

I guess that’s the first question. Are you already using your Mag-Stik in 4-Way mode? If not, that will likely be the source of your issue. Using an 8-Way joystick for 4-Way games is always going to feel slightly (or majorly) off, due to the fact that you need to be hitting the appropriate contacts in the exact cardinal directions in order to register for 4 Way games such as Pac-Man.

If you're already utilizing 4-Way mode, is this just a matter of the wrong feel somehow? I was going to suggest taking a look at the ServoStik, but that may be dependent upon if you’re already using 4-Way mode with your Mag-Stik. Being that both it and the ServoStik are Ultimarc products there may or may not be a distinguishable difference in the way that they feel during 4 Way operation (I certainly can’t speak from experience though). If I were starting a cabinet build today, there would be no question for me that those ServoStiks would be the joysticks going in. Suzo-Happ is always another good option if you’re looking to go a different direction though. In point of fact, I just stumbled upon this which may be just the ticket.

Replacement Pac-Man Joystick for Original Arcade Game

It all depends on your use-case, and what you’re trying to accomplish. ;)

I think this will do the it,and your right Its the feel Im looking for!!