All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Karaoke not working..

wayda

Hi wayda! In addition to the GameEx.ini you provided would you mind posting a copy of your GameEx log after having experienced this error? It may be a better indication of the error you're seeing in this particular circumstance. Please refer here if you are unsure of how to do so. Thank you!

Hmmm.. not crashing now, but still wont show the words in full screen, shows highlighted words in preview list only... screen expands to black for a hot second then directly back to the song-list screen

Thanks for helping, i appreciate you

log.txt

This is sounding more and more like the problem reported here:

[ATTN: TOM] Karaoke - Only previews?

It wouldn't hurt to review that thread in order to verify that you are either experiencing the same sort of issues reported there, or whether your issue seems to differ in significant ways. If it is the same problem, I know that this issue is definitely on Tom's radar, and that the more information he is able to collect regarding the issue, the more he may be able to pinpoint the cause.

Mine is working fine. Had the same problems several updates ago and I updated my codecs to the latest shark codec and it works fine. Also check and make sure you are running the latest directx

• 1 month later...

Just a +1 that I'm having exactly the same issue. Running the latest Shark007 codecs, Win7 x64.

WMP plays .CGD files full screen, previews work, SELECT shows a black screen for a second, then back to the selection screen.

As you are newly reporting this issue where your setup is concerned, please submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information. You will want to attach the log.txt file generated immediately following trying to run the karaoke file. Thanks!

I've attached the files you requested.

Just a few bits of info that may or not be relevant. My PC is on a domain, I've adminstrator rights on the PC but not on the domain, GameEx is running locally off the C:\ drive. the media is on a network drive, although I've tried a local file & had the same result. It also makes no difference if the .cdg and .mp3 are zipped or not.

GameEx.ini

log.txt