All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

CPWizard for Dummies

8trek

For some reason the topic i started last month is locked so i have to start a new one, ref old topic http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/11592-resolved-cpwizard-modify-text-displayed-in-control-panel/page__hl__cpwizard__st__60

Okay, so after stepping away from this and coming back after a few weeks and running nearly same setup on a different machine I'm about to lose what's left of my mind trying to figure out how in the h*ll I ever got this to work before. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not copying and saving out my configuration file for cpwizard. I should have just punted by now but it's become more of a battle i'd like to win and I have spent embarassing hours trying every combination of settings I can try but nothing works as hoped.

I have 2 monitors, monitor "2" is default". When I start a game on monitor 2 within gameex i want the control panel from cpwizard to appear on monitor 1 and stay there until i quit the game. Sounds simple right?

I'm attaching my current desperate attempt at making this work, hopefully someone can give me a simple explanation for why it's not working. With this current config I experience the following:

1. start game on monitor 2

2. cpanel from cpwizard shows up on monitor 1 for a few seconds then disappears

3. game comes back on monitor 2 then disappears after a few seconds

4. cpanel from cpsizard reappears on mointor 1 for a few seconds then disappears

5. game comes back on monitor 2.

Thanks in advance to whomever, hopefully headkaze, can once more help me with this. I promise to save the config file next time around and copy to a secure location. Also, if anyone reading this is currently successfully using cpwizard the way they'd like and wouldn't mind explaining their setup and attaching the .ini file, might be helpful.

CPWizard.ini

Just so you are aware, we close topics once the OP indicates that an issue has been solved. This helps to minimize bumping of old threads down the road that, while the issue may be the same, the workaround or fix is deprecated following updates that have occurred in the interim.

Thanks but i'm still having issues or should say not getting the results I'd like but not sure if it's even possible. Just changed the top line which you've mentioned. Now getting this:

1. start game on monitor 2 in gameex

2. cpanel from cpwizard shows up on monitor 2 for a few seconds then disappears

3. game comes on monitor 2 then disappears after a few seconds

4. cpanel from cpwizard reappears on monitor 1 and stays on this time

5. game comes back on monitor 2.

What'd i'd like to see happen is this:

1. start game on monitor 2 in gameex

2. game comes on monitor 2

3. cpanel from cpwizard comes on monitor 1 and stays there.

possible?

I am going to assume cpwizard will not do what i want above. Okay, so guess I'll just use it under single screen mode which is still better than without the customized cpanels.

Next question... trying to understand the rotation settings. Under display tab there is "rotation" section and "auto rotation" section. I'm running auto rotation on mame with a screen that I physically rotate mounted on wall. Everything within mame and gameex works fine but would like the cpwizard screen to adjust accordingly. Again have tried varying these settings and cannot understand how these settings work nor get what would be the obvious desired result. Can you please explain these settings and/or tell how i should set them in order to have the cpanel within cpwizard adjust accordingly to vertical or horizontal game?

thanks.