All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Understanding dual display settings

8trek

Run GameEx on secondary display I think it is... display settings. Use the wizard's search feature, its in there. :)

If you open GameEx in windowed mode instead of full screen, you can use Win (Windows button)+Shift+Left Arrow key combo to toggle where it is open. The only other way may be to utilize a 3rd party application such as Display Fusion or MultiMon and setup a profile for GameEx to load on the monitor of your choice.

The option under Display Settings works, but I find that if I am attempting to do something on the other monitor that focus is stolen from GameEx and it ceases displaying on the second monitor until I maximize it from the task bar.

• Like 1

I use a program called Actual Tools Window Manager which is fairly powerful managing windows however it has same problem you've mentioned and is not going to be a viable option. So as it stands now from what you're saying gameex will always open on the "default" display. Not good for my situation and would think this would be a simple addition for those in power to add as new functionality given the 4011 million other options already available.

I recommend that you make an entry in the Feature and Enhancement Requests thread as this would be a change in functionality as opposed to a bug or error fix.

Keep in mind that some things are not ideal due to limitations with the OS you are using, video drivers, etc. Likely why many 3rd party apps aren't able to to do much either.

just curious to know what the "run on secondary monitor" options is for.... it says "If you have a dual display setup the next option allows you to run GameEx on the Secondary Display. Default is false." I've tried it and does nothing. also worth noting the "next option" it refers to doesn't seem to be right.

My guess is if you are running another monitor tool and you set the display option to run GameEx on a second monitor that the 3rd party app may be cancelling out the functionality in GameEx.

Like it mirrors onto the 2nd? Although that's not the way I understand the description.

Run On Secondary Monitor

If you have a dual display setup the next option allows you to run GameEx on the Secondary Display. Default is false.

I appreciate the responses. The BIG question at the moment is what is the option for as I've stated does nothing based on my testing and the "next option" it refers to appears to have nothing to do with this.

It is apparent we are not able to replicate the issue quite as you describe. Please provide an updated copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt file so we may take a closer look at things.

Edited by Draco1962
No response from OP - This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.