All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] GameEx Christmas

Hello! :)

I am kinda still a noo-b when it comes to custom theme creation. I have a pretty decent concept of it now though, and with time, I should improve lol.

For the upcoming holiday season, I am creating a Christmas based theme to run in the arcade cab through the month of December. After the theme is 100% finished, I would also like to upload it here, to share with the community :). I would post some pics of it here, but I have no idea how to create the snap image of the theme yet lol.

If there is anyone here who would like to test out what I have so far, please let me know and I'll send you the files. And any comments and chritizim will always be welcome.

Thanks!

LC

Just quick tip for taking screen captures like a pro, check out PicPick. Using that you can take screen shots of only the active window, only an active portion of the window, a full scrolling section of a window, whatever. Your days of taking a screen capture, and subsequently resorting to cropping mumbo-jumbo can be over my friend! I only recommend software that has impressed me in someway, and I'd estimate that PicPick has saved me hours worth of work.

• Like 1

Thanks!! :)

Just to play "devil's advovate" - and outta curiousity, (I liked what I seen through PicPick and Greenshot), but how do they compare against the snipping tool offered through windows? ....do the pics turn out with better resolution?

You still have to open GameEx in windowed mode, but Greenshot does a good job and keeps to the resolution of the window you are capturing. I like it better than anything that comes with Win 7 and not sure about the other software.

Thanks! Greemshot is a good app - much better than the standard windows 7 snipping tool lol

I've been working on the holiday theme for the past few hours...

I have a pic of what it looks like so far...I still have a little ways to go - but hopefully it will be ready soon :)

LC

post-9885-0-23948600-1350937732_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Thanks! Lol, yeah, there is not much of a "winter" here...just jumps from spring to fall :blink:

I think I'm about finished - I also made a "Version 2" - christmas in another flavor ya could say :)

Here is a screenshot -

LC

post-9885-0-88730500-1350950825_thumb.pn

• Like 1

There are elements of both that I like. The "Christmas List" scroll in the second one is kinda cool, however, the backgrounds, tool bar, etc, appeal to me more in the first.The Santa tags for the date and time are fine, however, I think having a third tag (with a snowman perhaps?) to frame in the weather icon, as it seems to not have a clear place in either version of the theme. The text 1 & 2 need a little attention as the longer descriptions tend to overlap the date/time. Overall, for a first attempt, looking cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Hola! :)

Sorry that it's been awhile. I just came back from the sandy beaches of Sandestin, FL - went on a nice, long awaited, well deserved vacation and now getting back into the swing of things lol.

I will soon have the Christmas theme available after making the tweaks this weekend. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions! :)

LC

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

I wasn't able to do anything much to it - I've been trying to figure out what's been going on with the screensaver/attract mode and MP4 videos lol:

http://www.gameex.in...deos-in-gameex/

But, since it's already thanksgiving, I would like to go ahead and upload one of them here (and the other, please use the link http://www.mediafire...usvzgyc2163ic96 ...was a little to big to upload here lol) , and feel free to run it through the theme editor to customize it to your liking :).

- Inside each .rar file, I have a christmasradio.txt file....this contains a url in which you can add into the radio setup in GameEx - this is a radio station in which plays christmas music 24/7 :)

Enjoy! :D

LC

Christmas-GameEx.rar

Hello :)

I tried using that link twice, but for some reason, I was unable to get an acess code through my email address.

I wish I would have had more time to work on the theme, but trying to find and resolve the issue with the screensaver vids has taken up a good bit of time so far lol...Once I get it solved though, I have many other ideas for themes - including a "Walking Dead" tribute theme :)

God, I'm such a nerd lol

Lol, ya really should! :) ...I've been a fan since when the first episode aired in October of 2010 - since then, I've read the comics, and even though the show isn't really as good as the books, it is still definitely a good show :).

One thing about the show is that you would have to start watching it from the beginning to know what's going on. Luckily for you, they are into their third season (Mid season finale airs this Sunday on AMC here in the U.S. - not real sure about what channel it airs where you live...maybe FOX). The first two seasons are on Netflix...the first season has around six (?) episodes, second has around 13. What separates The Walking Dead apart from other zombie shows or movies, is the way the creator of the books, Robert Kirkman, tells the story. Its definitely unique lol.

Will definitely get round to watching as much as I can, everytime I see my older bro, he just won't stop talking about it, I've seen the comics in his store (he owns a trade n play store, which specializes in video games, comics and action figures).

I think walking dead is really popular over here.