All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RELEASE] Pure GameEx

vsilvalopes

Hi Folks !

Finally, after lots of fine tunning, here comes the final version of my new theme.

Pure GameEx !

The idea with this theme is to capture the simplicity of use.

No big logos, no artwork for each emulator.

Just the lists and the snaps/videos.

For those wich don't remember it, a screenshot :

post-4791-0-08872000-1347824011_thumb.jp

I hope that you guys enjoy it.

I've spent a lot of time builind system icons, so we have almost 70 diferent console icons and foregrounds.

If your foreground and icon don't display correctly, use the theme editor to set it.

So, here comes the link for the download

http://www.mediafire.com/?snbhppqflbvo8id

(Moderators, were do I upload the theme so it can be avaiable at GameEx WebSite?)

As usual, I will be releasing the theme PSD files (As soon it finishes uploading), so if you want to add something or modify, feel free to do it.

Just give some credit. :D

So, enjoy ! ;)

P.s. Next step is finishing Metro ICS theme. :)

• Like 6

Hi Guys !

Draco, NullPointer and Krc, thanks for the praise!

Seriously need to make an entry or two with your themes in the contest! This one is definitely a contender!

I can only submit one right Draco?

Because if yes I'm in doubt between this one and MetroICS.

You can submit more than one. Only one will be chosen when the time comes for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prize however (only one prize per person).

Oh ! Thats good news!

Sure I will submit this one and MetroICS.

I've put a lot of work on those two, so I can't choose wich one to compete.

Today on my Setup I'm using Pure GameEx. ;)

Thanks for the answers guys! I will apply the theme!

Just as a side note, it seems that this theme requires the Roboto Condensed font, which is not included in the package. But you can download it form here: http://www.fonts2u.c...-condensed.font.

EDIT: No, do not download that font... It caused GameEx to crash at startup on my system. Please could you give us a clarification about the font supposed to be used with this theme, vsilvalopes?

Sorry guys !

Forgot to bundle the fonts!

Ok, you can download it from the Android Design website :

http://developer.android.com/design/style/typography.html

Direct Link :

http://developer.android.com/downloads/design/Roboto_Hinted_20111129.zip

Install these ones and the problem will be solved.

:D

• Like 1

I checked this theme out and I really like it. It's clean and streamlined.

What settings are involved to get it to look like your screenshot? (ie the gamelist is the title screens)

Thanks for the reply ClassicMGR!

To achieve the visualization, just use the menu option "Change View" swap between the views and you can set the one of the screenshot.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply ClassicMGR!

To achieve the visualization, just use the menu option "Change View" swap between the views and you can set the one of the screenshot.

I'll give it a shot tonight. I really like how your screenshot looks as an interface! :)

@ClassicGMR - keep in mind that there are four settings to display the snaps as you toggle through Change View. 2 sizes each of snap thumbnails and 2 sizes each of video thumbnails. The video thumbnails are fine so long as you have a faster system. Otherwise, you may notice a little lag on your system.

I also didn't realize that there's a good 20-30(guess) settings for Change View! Took forever to come back around to the default. :)

I saw them all and I guess I just like it the way I had it. This is an awesome theme though and is now the resident theme on my NESputer! Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

The theme is now on GameEx website.

I've added the following :

- YouTube icon (I've forgot this one on the first release)

- The Roboto font, from Android Project

And I've submited the theme for the theme competition.

Thanks for the praise !

I saw your entry and thanks! We have a few more recent entries that need to submit something to the contest. Not that it is a requirement, but hey! Free stuff if you win whether you use it or decide to share with someone else is always a good thing!