All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MSL Curriosity Lands on Mars Tomorrow Morning - 1:31 AM EST!

Draco1962

MSL Curriosity lands on Mars tomorrow morning at 1:31 AM EST. Coverage of will begin at 11:30PM EST tonight on NASA TV.

For those of you with the XBox Kinect, there is a downloadable Mars Landing game at the Xbox Live Marketplace and Kinect Central.

Good luck Curriosity! Land well and find us some signs of life!

• Like 1

I will be dragging my knuckles at work tomorrow (more than usual anyways) but I have yet to miss a U.S or Europe Mars mission landing yet. Since this type of landing has never been tried before, it will be exciting!

Congrats to NASA and the people who built the rover and are running the mission. It's got a lot going for it. Pathfinder was the size of a book, whereas Spirit/Opportunity were the size of a TV, this new Curiosity rover is the size of a car! I never knew how bit it was in comparison till I saw a picture of it next to the others. It can go pretty fast over the terrain too, which is a plus. And I think the coolest part is the power source, using a "Radioisotope thermoelectric generator" that will garauntee a long life for a minimum of 14 years (according to wikipedia).