All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] modify a theme.... no idea

8trek

Did you explore the options in the menu bar? I am at work so do not have the app to reference the exact location, but you should be able to locate it within one of the options to enable descriptions or somewhat similar verbiage.

I usually open GameEx windowed and Ctrl+PrtScrn, paste it into whatever image program I use (GIMP most of the time), save it and then attach to a post within the thread using the upload option in the full editor (under More Reply Options).

Nice work hiandyp,

Wow, that's a pretty impressive looking prize list. Unfortunately my current theme is a mod of someone elses so I would need to start from scratch in order to qualify.

Still plenty of time to enter the competition though :)

Modding an existing theme is a great way to experiment and get your legs under you! I know you had some difficulties to start with, but, as you begin to learn how to work with the Theme Editor and, most importantly, image tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator (or the freeware equivalents GIMP and Inkscape), you will become more comfortable and begin creating some original work of your own in no time!

8trek,

you also can change things in the gameex setup wizard that effect the layout and theme. Selecting 'simple' removes a lot of the extra stuff like that long line of 'by manufacturer... by year... etc..'

it's a lot of work, but in the end, once you figure it out, it works well... and believe it or not... it's fun too. I combined the layout of Future Retro with the graphics of Black Glass... looks awesome on my BerZerk cabinet!

IMB

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.