All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] Blue Neon LCD 1920 x 1080

Draco1962

Hell i like this countdown thing, especially the gif-animation. how we can achieve the same in our themes? i dont get it, how you replaced the tapper-guy+the whole loading screen. may sounds like a noob-question, but i would like to know it.

Good Job Draco.... I dont know, if i will have the time to contribute right in time for the theme-competition, as i changed a lot in the progress creating my theme. the funny thing (that is the reason why i am writing this), that my theme will have some aspects of your theme, but in another way.

my cab is using a euro-arcade-monitor running at 50Hz, so i want to use 768x576i pixels (PAL) as the resolution for the theme. mainly because of bigger space, maybe i will reduce it to 384x288 to avoid flicker. question is, will there be problems for NTSC resolutions like 640x480 (or 320x240p)?

would you guys use my theme anyway?

I'm sure there are some that would give your theme a go as we have quite a few that have dedicated cabs for MAME at the lower resolutions. I would probably take a look at it, but my aims are more in the HTPC direction.

As for the animated .gif on update, you would locate and replace updateani1.gif file (under \GameEx\Themes\Your Theme Name Here\media folder) with the animated gif of your choice. I recommend keeping it as small as possible. For most, 256x256 or less will work best.

Yes, I started with 1920x1080, but now I have a Cab and I want to custom it on my own. There is also the advantage of the Low Resolution, so animation-movies dont need to render that long and are more fluently by the way. So I needed to make some changes again, mainly because of the different aspect ratios 16:9 vs. 4:3. If I can complete my theme in time, it will be followed by a HD Resolution, but at the moment I just try to finish the theme in Cab-Resolution.

I have searched for "updateani1.gif" and found it directly in the GameEx/Media folder, but not in any theme. So I guess it will work, if I make my own "updateani1.gif" and put it in your suggested place, am I right here with my thoughts?

Anyway, thanks for the tips... another nice gimmick which can be changed ;).

GameEx will look to the theme's MEDIA folder first for the updateani1.gif file. If none, then it looks for it in the \gameex\media folder. So by placing it in the active theme's media folder, it will not be overwritten by subsequent version updates. B)

• 1 month later...

Blue Neon LCD 1920 x1080 is now live and can be downloaded from here. Keep in mind that the logos contained within are not 100% complete. I felt I had enough available to release the theme and will augment with a release of a more complete logo pack at a later date. Enjoy!

• Like 4

Just tested the theme out, and I may say that it's awesome, looks sweet on both my laptop and my 42" LCD T.V.

Also the logo's for the theme are sweet also.

Excellent Work. :)

p.s, I haven't checked but is your original scrolling orange selector still available for this theme?

Just tested the theme out, and I may say that it's awesome, looks sweet on both my laptop and my 42" LCD T.V.

Also the logo's for the theme are sweet also.

Excellent Work. :)

p.s, I haven't checked but is your original scrolling orange selector still available for this theme?

I may still have it somewhere.

I've been messing with this most of the morning and I have to say this theme is great.

While it will not replace your Space Invaders theme on my cabinet it will be used for the NESputer in the living room with the 42" LCD TV.

Thank you Draco. Fabulous theme. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently I changed my theme on my flatscreen to your newest theme and like the way it looks. Another great theme. I have 6 systems that I run in GameEx that doen't seem to have a grapfx for to match your theme. They are: AAE, Jaquar CD, Gamepark GP32, Hartung Gamemaster, NEC PC-Engine CD and the Sega Pico. Any chance in your cashe of logos you have one for each of these and could upload them.

Thanks for looking and for making another great theme.