All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] Blue Neon LCD 1920 x 1080

Draco1962

Here is a sneak peak at a theme I am working on. The background and foreground images are very simple in comparison to previous works released. It will be a Hi-Def theme and the colors for the text, etc work really well at the "10 Ft Interface" for HTPC.

post-5872-0-30584600-1341975577_thumb.pn

• Like 9

Thanks, guys! I have a few theme ideas that I had placed on the "back burner" and will probably revive a couple and release over the next few months. One is based on Pink Floyd's "The Wall" that I had started in earnest, but hit against a creative wall of my own. I am still working on creating a "theme neutral" logo pack that I hope to release with this theme and as a standalone pack.

"Would be nices" are Feature & Enhancement requests, my friend! ;)

i did it allready... post #380 in the feature requests... :) . would like to see the pop-up field in your theme with rounded corners and a nice blue framing :rolleyes: .

Awesome! I would be happy with the option to control the color of the text separate from the list and title fonts as well. I think that "amber" LCD would look great as a compliment to the blue IMHO.

Thanks! I need to make some adjustments to overcome the stretching and compression of the selector bar dimensions. Also, the amber highlight scrolls back and forth rather nicely!

let us know your experience with the selector bar. my experience was ....mmmh... difficult.

the selector bar is always stretched to the size of the "unselected" png. so far so nice, BUT the "unselected"-bar-png depends on the font size (and of the list-field width off course) you choose. so if anyone wants to make some accurate selector bar, should know the font-size before, which will be used in the theme, then i would suggest to make a screenshot with the selector bar. take the pixel-info out of the screenshot and with that info in mind, try to make a accurate selector-bar.

at least this was my experience, i would like to share with others here. if i am wrong here, i would like to hear other solutions, because my selection-bar has an animated "shadow blinky" from pac-man in it and it was not an easy task, to not see him strangely stretched in the theme.

If you wanted my advice Drac, the selector bar color is a little intense. Maybe put a gloss over it to keep it from being distracting.

/end my 2c

• Like 1

If you wanted my advice Drac, the selector bar color is a little intense. Maybe put a gloss over it to keep it from being distracting.

/end my 2c

I absolutely agree.

A last note: I see only 1 "window" for video\snapshots. Does this mean that there will be no space for a second artwork?

i know you will be wondering or laughing about me, but seriously, how you can achieve the effect, that the selector-bar is on top-menue? i dont have a selection bar on the menue, just in the list.

i know you will be wondering or laughing about me, but seriously, how you can achieve the effect, that the selector-bar is on top-menue? i dont have a selection bar on the menue, just in the list.

You may want to create a post in the General forum and provide info regarding the theme you are using, your gameex.ini and images if possible.

/end my 2c

I absolutely agree.

I agree and will look into turning it down a notch or two. Because of the LCD font, it is difficult to not detract from the text. I may look at a different selector design that is more solid but fits with the theme.

A last note: I see only 1 "window" for video\snapshots. Does this mean that there will be no space for a second artwork?

As noted, the emphasis on the theme is simplicity. That being said, I have eliminated the display of image 2 for secondary artwork to allow for a larger display of the primary image field. The user can view the available images upon selection of the specific game.

I absolutely agree.

I must be in the tiny minority here, but I actually think it’s pretty cool looking. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing. When I was a kid, my buddy had one of those Coleco mini arcade games of Donkey Kong. It had a really dodgy LED screen, and if you played for too long your eyes would start burning. So there you go: burning eyes from intense LED display = nostalgia. :P

You may want to create a post in the General forum and provide info regarding the theme you are using, your gameex.ini and images if possible.

ok maybe i will do this... i am using my own theme and i want to know this, just for curiosity. i want the info mainly for a tutorial regarding the theme-editor i want to make in the near future. i think i have doctored too much on my theme and now it doesnt work more like it is purposed :D .

ps: what is this WIP standing for??