All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> Gameroom Theme Released!!!<<<

btw I got a message from Adultery today sounds like he might set up an ftp again like I did the last time with my theme.

It's done. Details are in your PM. :)

Yes I know it has taken me over the course of a year working on and going thru alot of graphical changes as you guys have seen. Now I have unleashed it upon you guys to take over and create some awesome themes for it. This will be the first theme for GameEx to be a community oriented theme. I believe this is as close as you can get for creating Hyperspin like themes for GameEx. I hope you guys like it as much as I did creating it. Hope it will give new life to your cabinets and HTPC's.

Have fun!!

I didn't think that would matter in the case of using "game art" as a page BG... But I've yet to use that feature.

PS: Don't forget to submit your theme to the comp Krak!!!

To have your emulator display each game background you need to setup the emulator box art path to where you saved your game themes at not the emulator custom background as that should be blank. Since this theme doesn't use box art this is how it displays each game background fullscreen with the video window being transparent so your videos will show thru. The game themes are actually a layer being the topmost which needs to be set in the theme.ini

Check the theme.ini and make sure that AlphaChannel=True .

That was the first thing I checked but it was already set to to true, then the next thing is I'm asleep, I will have to have a play around later on today and check Krak's method for the box art path.

Ok, pointing to the box art did the trick, Ive only tested CPS3 and it looks pretty good, havent tested MAME, as its currently uninstalled.

Also because CPS3 had no original entry in GameRoom, I copied the M.A.M.E ini and renamed it to Capcom Play System 3, so know the entry for CPS3 is present.

I know that some people use MAME for CPS stuff, but some people prefer to use the CPS3 emulator like me.

Ive attached the CPS3 ini if anyone needs it.

Capcom Play System 3.ini

Yes if you copy my MAME.ini to your emulators .ini files then everything will work for each system without having to go into the theme editor and line it up. In it's current state all I have up and running is MAME but I am working on Daphne so I should have it ready soon.

Well my Thanksgiving vacation is over and glad I was able to get this out as I'm back to work and not spending all day long working on this thing as much as I would like too. Gives me a little break I suppose. @KRC your themes are looking really nice.

I've must have eaten too much turkey and gotten stupid. Since in the setup wizard there is no box art for mame I assume I must set up a seperate emulator for Mame and use the box art path for the themes. When I do this it doesn't work. Using the regular mame setup It works great if I put the themes in the Marguee folder. Help!