All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 12.30

Tom Speirs

This release has significant user interface and display enchantments as shown in the video below. These are implemented as new "views" and are accessed by selecting "Change View" on the menu.

Video/Movie/Karaoke playing has been enhanced and the player now runs under the GameEx display engine giving a much better user experience.

Video previews now show for Karaoke.

GameEx can now show the full MAMEinfo.dat and History.dat text.

Folder listings for Pictures and Videos is now a little more inteligent.

View the full article

Also tried to view the video from the article and get a display prompt "This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." DENIED again! Beginning to feel like I am reliving my very first date and attempt to get to second base...:huh:

EDIT: Tom has been notified

I think it is safe to say you hit a home run with this update! I think it is also safe to say that I am trying to wrap my head around a few theme ideas utilizing the new view. Now if we could just get a cover flow enhancement to center the selection...

In anticipation of this release, I have started work on a new icon pack which I hope will further enhance these latest features!

Running into a small issue,do you have to use the default theme? using a non-default theme I am unable to enter any gamelists.

Actually if I change view,it switches me to the default theme

It doesnt matter which theme I choose,once GameEX start,it switches me to the media center theme

Wonder if I'm missing a bak file or something? Shouldn't be unless something changed after the beta... I'll download the OL installer and take a look.

Wonder if I'm missing a bak file or something? Shouldn't be unless something changed after the beta... I'll download the OL installer and take a look.

thanks bud ;)

umm should be the normal view,with change view,back home @ the top,not icons,text