All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I would really like support for unzipping rar files. I have entire collections of wii games that are rarred and wiiscrubbed, and it would save a considerable amount of hdd space if I was able to play the same way i did with my 7-zipped playstation games. The registered unzip feature is one of my favorite things about gameex!

FEATURE REQUEST - Enable Color Text Display Support for individual text items in GameEx and Theme Editor. Quite a few frontends support the display of colored text for different text items. Would be nice to be able to have Title text one color, List text another, Select 1 & 2, List Number, and scroll text each assigned its own text color. I think that this would allow more flexibility within themes. Now, if anyone is aware of a workaround to make this happen (i.e., insert a hex color code somewhere in the theme.ini or elsewhere), please let me know!

Not sure if this has been hit before but how about an option in the Daphne Advanced Configuration for a database. I'd like to have the game info displayed for these games as well.

Bump Bippity Bump Bump, Bump Bump. (the ol shave and a hair cut)

1. Favorites for each emulator or system instead of just one favorites section where different systems are mixed together

2. Custom attract mode where specific games can be selected instead of only favorites (I don't want some favs in my attract mode)

Is it possible to hide all but just the favorite menu for each login?? by this i mean the

kids only play maybe 20 games across all the emulators installed is it possible to have a

fuction or to make it so when they log on they are given just 1 screen with there favorites

listed any nothing else , we all have to think like a kid would and they like it so they

click there name and are presented with there list of games, select and play.

What I would like to see is something a little more mature in this feature that will allow

full administrative control over what is displayed/enabled than what is available currently

so that when setting up a more restricted profile, all one would need to do is select

Enable or Disable for the functionality based upon the Administrator's Configuration as the

template (regardless of vanilla or custom menus and the option to disable custom menus for

a logon profile other than the Administrator's.

For example:

Feature Default : User 1 : User 2

Enable Search y y y

enable Auto GameEx Update y n n

Use Custom Menus y y n

Enable MAME y n y

Enable N64 ( or emulator 2 ) y y n etc...

Could utilize the drop-downs for multiple options under each feature as present in the

Setup Wizard or Advanced Configuration in addition to emus listed separately for

enable/disable to further secure access for each. Also would need to ensure each user has

their own GameEx.ini, custom.ini and other configuration files that will be accessed as

opposed to the system defaults. It appears that the configurations are setup to do just

that in most cases.

You can move and modify the size of the pop-up box within Theme Editor.

Really? going to try now,thanks Mike!

UPDATE: YAY! it works!!! finally I will be able to minimize the bluglass theme thanks guys!

Really? going to try now,thanks Mike!

UPDATE: YAY! it works!!! finally I will be able to minimize the bluglass theme thanks guys!

Glad you were able to resolve the issue!

We need more than just 5 emulator groups within the setup wizard as I am already going on 7 and I have to manually config that. Would be nice if we can increase that number.

Thanks

Edited by fRequEnCy
Post has been moved to the appropriate section.

FEATURE REQUEST - THEME EDITOR and/or SETUP WIZARD

Be able to select in Theme Editor Options and or Setup Wizard to use a default background image and default foreground image to simplify the theme creation process and eliminate the repetition and excessive size due to so many images for each module, emulator, etc. For example - be able to select Startbak.png for all backgrounds, yet also be able to select a separate foreground. In simpler themes such as Brother Wolf that I recently uploaded I have to create a separate background file for each function. Since this is basically the same file, just renamed many times, this adds significantly to the size of the theme when one file would suffice.

For a simple theme, I could go into each emulator or other modules that have the option of selecting a custom background file and point to it, but if this could also be done at the global level, it will certainly make things even slimmer. The problem with that approach is that I could not use varied or custom foreground images as the system keys off the name of the background image.

I just thought about Karaoke Integration in Gameex and I'm still convinced it's the best solution out there for cabinets!

One feature that would be cool is to preview the songs:

Just like you have videos to preview games before you play you could pre-listen the tracks before you sing them...Sometimes I don't know the Artist or the Song title but I discover I can sing a long when somebody else picks the song! I think having a 2 or 3 second waiting time before the songs start to preview would be good so that you don't get nerve wrecked when going through the list..

Does this feature make sense? I know Karaoke is definately not top priority in Gameex but it would be a nice feature :)

I just thought about Karaoke Integration in Gameex and I'm still convinced it's the best solution out there for cabinets!

One feature that would be cool is to preview the songs:

Just like you have videos to preview games before you play you could pre-listen the tracks before you sing them...Sometimes I don't know the Artist or the Song title but I discover I can sing a long when somebody else picks the song! I think having a 2 or 3 second waiting time before the songs start to preview would be good so that you don't get nerve wrecked when going through the list..

Does this feature make sense? I know Karaoke is definately not top priority in Gameex but it would be a nice feature :)

Sounds good - I moved your post to the Feature Requests as this is where Tom will focus his attention as he makes changes to GameEx. One suggestions, while not ideal, would be to have your Karaoke mp3 folder accessible so that you can access it via the Jukebox which has that functionality or setup WMP or WinAmp as an external app to review the mp3s for the Karaoke tunes. Sounds doable in theory... ;)

Sounds good - I moved your post to the Feature Requests as this is where Tom will focus his attention as he makes changes to GameEx. One suggestions, while not ideal, would be to have your Karaoke mp3 folder accessible so that you can access it via the Jukebox which has that functionality or setup WMP or WinAmp as an external app to review the mp3s for the Karaoke tunes. Sounds doable in theory... ;)

congrats from me as well on being a mod now, draco! thanks for moving the topic!

I'm not a programmer but I also think it could be doable in a not too complicated manner... Mp3 files already exist in the zipped cdg/mp3 so you would only need a player similar to jukebox to preview!

I hope tom thinks it would be a valuable addition :)

Would like to see folders for emulators (like done with videos). No matter how I handle my roms, merged or otherwise I get a mess with regards to my lists. My roms structure is such.

E:/Roms/Genesis/roms/

NoIntro

TOSEC/

Games

Applications

Demos

GoodRoms/

US

Jap

Hacks

Protoypes

Darkwater

The above works well with the download service and all my media is downloaded. I point GameEx to the roms directory and it finds all my roms. I have tried merging and not merging roms. In either instance, I get lots of duplicates in my listsand a huge map file that needs to be manually corrected. Would like to be able to when I open up an emulator, have the folders show up and then when I click on a folder have the roms show for that set. Then have the databsae read that set and have a map file for only that set. I have set up several of my emulators as multiple emulators for the same system. And it performs as I want.I can play just the No-Intro games if I want or just the Goodroms prototypes, etc.. In some instances I would have to use up 20 or more slots if I wanted to set up all my emulators like this. They all use the same media, database and emualtor so I have to point each seperate emulator to the same folders. If the roms folders could be listed under the same emulator I could accomplish this with only one slot used per emulator. The database and download service all access multiple folders, it would be great if GameEx would to. I think this would be a great feature for GameEx and a neat feature so that player could access and play just the set he or she wants to play. Many times when someone is using my cab, they want to play just a certain type rom but they have to scroll thru a long list to see a few prototypes.

Thanks to all in forum and Tom for what you do! :rolleyes:

I'd like to see more than 1 emulator option for each system. Say something similar to Daphne where you Enable/Disable Emulators. For Example. I currently have 3 different PSX emulators set up, all pointing at the same games. Reason being compatibility/speed of course. Xebra being the favorite, followed by ePSXe, then pSX. So instead of having 3 separate emulator entries for these 3 emulators, just have 1 Playstation emulator include all 3 Emulators, so when you go to the game info page on GameEx, instead of just saying "Play Game" it would say something like "Play Game on Xebra", "Play Game on ePSXe", "Play Game on pSX", then the usual stuff.

It would probably need a bit of reworking on the setup wizard and whatnot but I don't really know how hard it can be.

I would do them like this:

Emulator 1: Enabled (Always enabled, duh)

Emulator 1 Name: <here you'd type the name of the emulator so it shows up neatly in GameEx when running>

Emulator 1 Launch Before:

Emulator 1 Also Launch:

Emulator 1 Command Line:

Emulator 1 Launch After:

Emulator 2: <Enabled/Disabled>

etc etc..

I think at least 3 options would be sweet. Although I bet someone will then request the addition of more later on. :P

So ideally, there would be only 1 entry per system/console/handheld.

I like your idea, in fact been thinking about it for awhile. Would like to be able to make one of the emulators the default.

I'd like to see more than 1 emulator option for each system. Say something similar to Daphne where you Enable/Disable Emulators. For Example. I currently have 3 different PSX emulators set up, all pointing at the same games. Reason being compatibility/speed of course. Xebra being the favorite, followed by ePSXe, then pSX. So instead of having 3 separate emulator entries for these 3 emulators, just have 1 Playstation emulator include all 3 Emulators, so when you go to the game info page on GameEx, instead of just saying "Play Game" it would say something like "Play Game on Xebra", "Play Game on ePSXe", "Play Game on pSX", then the usual stuff.

It would probably need a bit of reworking on the setup wizard and whatnot but I don't really know how hard it can be.

I would do them like this:

Emulator 1: Enabled (Always enabled, duh)

Emulator 1 Name: <here you'd type the name of the emulator so it shows up neatly in GameEx when running>

Emulator 1 Launch Before:

Emulator 1 Also Launch:

Emulator 1 Command Line:

Emulator 1 Launch After:

Emulator 2: <Enabled/Disabled>

etc etc..

I think at least 3 options would be sweet. Although I bet someone will then request the addition of more later on. :P

So ideally, there would be only 1 entry per system/console/handheld.