All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I'd like custom menus to be able to point to other media folders. For example: tv, music videos, podcasts.

In what way do you mean? Can you give some more detailed examples? The idea behind custom menus is that you can name it and point them to whatever folder or program you desire.

I think it would be cool if we could have gameex identify console 2 player games. Here's my idea:

If a game name has a symbol, say a $ or %, at the end of the name, that Gameex would highlight that game name a different color, and yet, not show the $ or % sign. So when looking at a game list, it would have two colors, one for single player games, and one for two player games.

cool idea i vote a yes on this one !

Not sure if this has been hit before but how about an option in the Daphne Advanced Configuration for a database. I'd like to have the game info displayed for these games as well.

i Agree this would be a good idea.

In what way do you mean? Can you give some more detailed examples? The idea behind custom menus is that you can name it and point them to whatever folder or program you desire.

I don't see how you can do the part in bold.

Right now you can use gameex to set up the following media folders (If there is a way to set up more I haven't noticed it):

Jukebox

Videos

ebooks

pictures

DVDs on Disk

I currently use:

Videos for recent recordings folder

Jukebox for itunes music folder

ebooks for comics folder

pictures for photos folder

DVDs on Disk for DVD rips folder

I'd like an add "new item" --> Item type --> media folder

so i can have:

media folder1

item name = TV

item location = D:\media\archives\TV

media folder2

item name = Podcasts

item location = C:\itunes\podcasts

media folder3

item name = Music Videos

item loaction = D:\music\misc\videos

I took a close look and do not see where this is possible, however, you can setup the folders to where they show under the Media Library. There may be a way to get around this but at the moment it is escaping me.

Maybe one of our other gurus has encountered this issue or question before and can throw some ideas at it.

I know I brought up this one before. But I hope to see hiscores of others on the site. Though maybe Tom already has this planned with the profile thing he's working on? Next thing you know there will be achievements! j/k :D

With the Update service and emumovies, we are getting alot of cool media. Would like to see an option to change the screensaver to not play the games, but rotate the ingame videos, titles, boxes, etc.

I think you would need to put in a request to GhostScript for that feature as that's an external app that handles PDF viewing.

Some years ago, i used a front-end called AdvanceMENU, and it had a very nice feature that listed only parent ROMs, but once a parent rom is selected, I could do two things: I can press a key and launch the parent game (like gameex is today) or I can press another key, and it brings me a pop-up Clone Selection menu, so I can select and play a specific clone or hack of game, but keep the main gamelist clean.

I would love to see this feature on gameex, because most games we want to simple play the parent or most compatible rom, but other times we want to play a specific version of game, either because of a specific particularity of a version or because we want to play a hack.

As an example, sometimes I want to play Cabal, the original version, but sometimes I want to play the bootleg version, because the bootleg has a feature that allows me to roll, and the parent rom don't have this feature.

Another example are the many street fighter 2 hacks. Most times I just want to play the classic version, but sometimes (most when we drink friends, heh) we want to play a hacked version, with character selection, custom commands, etc.

So, I hope I made my point. :)

If this can be implemented, will be realy great!

Thanks! I love this program, and this is the only feature I miss on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago, i used a front-end called AdvanceMENU, and it had a very nice feature that listed only parent ROMs, but once a parent rom is selected, I could do two things: I can press a key and launch the parent game (like gameex is today) or I can press another key, and it brings me a pop-up Clone Selection menu, so I can select and play a specific clone or hack of game, but keep the main gamelist clean.

I would love to see this feature on gameex, because most games we want to simple play the parent or most compatible rom, but other times we want to play a specific version of game, either because of a specific particularity of a version or because we want to play a hack.

As an example, sometimes I want to play Cabal, the original version, but sometimes I want to play the bootleg version, because the bootleg has a feature that allows me to roll, and the parent rom don't have this feature.

Another example are the many street fighter 2 hacks. Most times I just want to play the classic version, but sometimes (most when we drink friends, heh) we want to play a hacked version, with character selection, custom commands, etc.

So, I hope I made my point. :)

If this can be implemented, will be realy great!

Thanks! I love this program, and this is the only feature I miss on it.

I like this idea. I currently use clrMAMEpro to merge my roms so I don't have to see all the children roms, but it prevents me from playing clones and takes a long time. I have to split them all when a new MAME update is release so I can synch my collection and then merge them again for pleasant display.

I would like to have selected list item scaling enabled for all lists and theme versions (not only the start list in only v3 themes). Its a very attractive behavior of lists.

Described in this post:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=9624&view=findpost&p=71990

EDIT: A preferable alternative would be to have it as an attribute of themes that could perhaps be set on a per template basis.

I really would like if there isnt a video snap for a game,GameEx would show a snapshot of the game,if no still snapshot then the title screen for the game and so on... reason being is I really dont want to mix my video snaps with still snaps I would rather keep the seperate :)

REQUEST

While Tinkering around with MAME and adding different types of art to MAME i ran out of slots i hade to forgo PCB and rename that to the name i needed...is it possible to add extra slots ( Custom art ) like with the other emulators ??

SM

• 4 weeks later...

I have another feature request for Tom if this is possible and not a silly idea of course. Since I along with a lot of other users run GameEx on multiple PCs. I think it would be a pretty cool idea for the Gamertag to display what PC your running on say for example on mine it would something like (Hunk4TH Arcade cab) Or something like that if I was running a game on my cab. Sorry if this is a silly idea. Also I hope my Hiscore posting on the GameEx Live is still up :D

Please allow me to once again express my gratitude for this awesome application.

I have a small request unrelated to the central GameEx application. I really prefer using the Setup Wizard over the Advanced Emulator Config app. My only issue is that I can't run the Setup Wizard in full screen view. I imagine this is due to the Setup Wizard being configured as a dialog window (or something). The problem that manifests itself is that when I enter long directory paths into the Setup Wizard text fields, they are very difficult to read due to the small size of the fields themselves (which are in turn limited by the overall size of the window).

Would it be possible to enable fullscreen view for the Setup Wizard?

Also add my name to the list of users pining for 'Multiple Favorites Lists' support! ;)

Thanks!