All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

On 7/2/2021 at 7:19 PM, Phantom said:

Hi,

Would it be possible to have GameEx scan subfolders for Attract Mode videos?

Thanks Tom

Just getting my system back up and running after being down for a year.

I'll be asking lots of questions as I try to remember what I did to get to where I was.

http://www.gameex.com/gamecard/Phantom.png

done.

• 5 months later...

FEATURE REQUEST: Internet Arcade Integration

I came across this via a recent email from Xgaming.com:

How To Play Mame Arcade Games Online | Xgaming X-Arcade

Games are available for playing via Internet Arcade : Free Software : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

I am not sure if this is possible via GameEx/GameEx Arcade or, if so, maybe through Other Programs as I have not had opportunity to test. An integrated section would likely allow for better customizations and control.

PROS:

- Connect to arcade favorites without having to chase down the latest MAME version and/or compatible ROMS

CONS:

- No guarantees that as to how long they will be available (i.e., removed due to take down request/order due to copyright, etc.).

- Requires internet connectivity

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

I have a feature request to advance.

you know, people that have a deep knowledge of arcade games, isn't just interested to the parent sets but there is much interest in clone sets as well.

As far as the front end stands, clones are displayed in a way that doesn't look pretty well: there is a repetition of the parent game name even 10+ times (Street Fighter II to name one). This isn't that clean and you can't see the list at a glance. In a list with clones there is also the problem that the name is too long and you even lose part of the name due to the length of the name itself (in the brackets), specially if you are using a 640*480 CRT resolution.

Approaching the list in the way of the attached example, could be a smart way to show a clean list even with clones. In this way we could have room to display the full text in the bracket and even the rom name of the game (for example: Double Dragon (US set 1) - ddragonu

I really hope this features for clones could be doable.

thanks

roms-display.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

FEATURE REQUEST - Gamelauncher Modes "All Games" setting/lockdown

Using Left CTRL and ALT on the keyboard you can toggle through the MAME Genres or Online Systems and/or Emulators. I have yet to find a keypress that will invoke MAME All or MAME All + Emulator + Online Systems menus in an all inclusive menu.

The request is to add this functionality so the end-uer doesn't have to toggle through all genres and preferably enabled via Setup Wizard only along with a "lockdown" to avoid accidental toggle if keyboard is present.

FEATURE REQUEST - Add Media Paths for Online Game Services Support (e.g., Origin, Uplay, Steam)

This request if implemented would add the following configuratble paths for the Online Game Services for EA Origin, Uplay, Steam and any future online services integrated into GameEx and GameEx Arcade Edition:

Snap Path (Could be combined with Video Snap Path with view of Video Snap higher priority)
Video Snap Path
Video Theme Path
Video Background Path
Marquee Path (Some user systems have marquees with media support)
Logo Path (For use as Wheel Logo)
Manual Path

This feature would allow for better viewing consistency across the trontend where it is already enabled for MAME, DAPHNE and Emulators (with the exception of the Marquee Path which could possibly be implemented for Emulator Setup).

EDIT: After digging into the Media folder I found one for STEAM which included:

BOX - Logo image from Steam site and named according to Steam Name
SNAP - Game snap from Steam site and named according to Steam Name
VIDEO - For any videos from Steam site and named according to Steam Name

I assume that others for EA Origin and Uplay, when enabled will create the same. So part way there with my wish list!

Edited by Draco1962

• 2 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST - Add Additional Integrated Online Game Services support:

GoG Galaxy, Playnite, Razer Cortex  to name a few support all of the available Online Game Services. My request is to add integrated support for the following Online Game Services in addition to Origin, Uplay, and Steam currently supported by GameEx and Arcade Edition:

Amazon Games

Battle.net

Epic Games

GOG

Humble

Xbox Live

• 3 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST - Add configurable RSS/High Score feed to GameEx Arcade Edition

GameEx Arcade Edition is a derivative FE from GameEx. An RSS feed is available for addition and is  configurable via Themes Editor. 

I think this would make for a good plug-in or integrated into Setup Wizard to leverage for the displays of high scores from MAME games that record them locally and/or RSS feed or scrolling text customized by the end-user.

The scrolling text feed would be top or bottom screen justified by configuration.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Wiesshund said:

I have a feature request

Could a feature be made that would announce on steam what you are playing
even when it is a non steam game?

like what steam launcher does for launchbox
lahma0/SteamLauncher: A LaunchBox/BigBox plugin designed to allow games and/or roms to be easily launched through Steam. (github.com)

Have you explored the Plugins via the Setup Wizard? Look for the Speech Plugin by Tom - this should work for all games/systems.

If it does not work at all or you run into any issues, please open a new thread in the GameEx >General forum with copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files and detailed description of your error encountered.

image.png

On 9/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Draco1962 said:

Have you explored the Plugins via the Setup Wizard? Look for the Speech Plugin by Tom - this should work for all games/systems.

If it does not work at all or you run into any issues, please open a new thread in the GameEx >General forum with copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files and detailed description of your error encountered.

Respectfully
What does that remotely have to do with my suggestion at all?
It seems as if you did not even read it and just gave a knee jerk response :(

35 minutes ago, Wiesshund said:

Respectfully

A plugin would be a good way to tackle that request. It is a valid solution. Of course I realise not everyone has time or skills. The API could do it maybe too.

6 hours ago, Wiesshund said:

Respectfully

I will "take the piss" on this one.

530854145_giphy(3).gif

On 10/6/2022 at 1:43 AM, Tom Speirs said:

A plugin would be a good way to tackle that request. It is a valid solution. Of course I realise not everyone has time or skills. The API could do it maybe too.

Not sure if i have the skill to write one
i know how it works, it communicates to steam via steam API
and just tells steam to launch a shortcut to a non steam game, and passes over the launch command
and a nickname for what is being launched, and it reuses the same gameID so it doesnt fill steam up full of
stuff.

But knowing how it works doesnt mean much

• 3 months later...

FEATURE REQUEST: Integrated GameEx and GameEx Arcade support for Fightcade 2

From the site:

Fightcade is a matchmaking application for playing retro games online, bundled with different emulators for seamless online play. Free, and without ads.

Integrated support could possibly leverage or import (via enable option in Setup Wizard) existing integrated MAME path settings or allow end-user to input to a different MAME path for more granular control of ROMS and content which may be the preferred option.

• 1 month later...

FEATURE REQUEST: GameEx and GameEx Arcade display ThemeVideos from Emulators the same as they do for Steam integration when there is no theme video available.

Currently, ThemeVideos for Steam display in a boxed frame with a color background. The ThemeVideos for Emulators display fullscreen background. I know that for those games that have a true video theme created will display properly, however, not all do and I would like to see this as a function that can be user enabled/disabled if possible.

• 1 month later...

FEATURE REQUEST: GameEx and GameEx Arcade - random display of multiple system bak files when present.  

Example for integrated MAME background files would have files named MAMEbak1, MAMEbak2, MAMEbak3, etc. that can load randomly each time the page is accessed.

If feature is enabled under Display settings via the Setup Wizard, it  would supercede the loading of videos over image files as the pressence of the # would allow for a random mix of video and still imagery upon display of the system menu pages. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Thy wish is granted. New version out in a minute. Add ShowGenres=False to General

I do not see this in the gameex.ini for 15.51 when I was loading to test.