All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

again me :lol: ,

1) how about the idea to have intro-movies for emu-sections?

i.e. you enter MAME and then you could see first a intro-movie, before the page is build. my idea is to have a seamless transition of the intro movie and the page-build. at the moment we can have a animated background, which is a cool feature, but a intro movie which ends seamless into the animated background would be really GREAT. i have some awesome plans with this idea and believe me, i am capable of doing some boner making shit :D .

if someone like the idea, i will post some incredible stuff i do with the 3D-models and Cabs at the moment.

2.) the pop-up info field is as far as i know, the only field which is really on top (in layer terms) of everything, no matter if you have a alpha overlapping it. i would like the idea to have either the option to customize the frame of the field (in form of a .png i.e.) or the option to not having it be the top-foremost layer.

what do you think about these ideas??

thank you for your attention... u-man

I would suggest to add the following feature:

Ability (or option) to not see hidden files in the lists (I'm thinking mostly about those Folder.jpg we use to have a preview in GameEx), if they are set as hidden in windows.

I know this has been mentioned before but a 3rd image in the theme editor is needed. I could really do with Image 3 :)

Also is it true that the theme editor is being updated, I think I read about it somewhere on the forums.

Yes, triple view would be excellent!

While I'm here...

Not sure if this has previously been requested, but it would be cool to have a horizontal scroll for the game list. For example, if the game list box width is too narrow, games with long names are cut off. With this scrolling feature, it would scroll to show the whole name.

• Like 1

Would be nice to be able to add gif animations to our theme as well.

the best would be .swf or flash movies. if i imagine what you could do with flash on a foreground layer or in general.... i get a boner :D

• Like 1

Ok I got a feature, I would like to be able to turn on the "Please Wait" message when I use the wait to send keys feature. Some of these games take a bit to load and I dont want people thinking the system just crashed. Also it would be useful for this message to applied to ceertain things that take a while, such as if you have GameEx unzip your PSX games before they are played. I hear that takes a bit of time to do.

Multiple ROM paths for non-MAME stuff? I think it'd be neat to either have ROMs on the HDD or on something like an optical disk if HDD space gets too constrained, etc.

Also re-requesting implementing simple file management. Seems most of what would be needed for this already exists, like the OSK and Media Library system. I think it would make tasks like adding media to a HDD a lot easier.

*edit* Something like this hasty mockup, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

As a suggestion (lol, I know that maybe, it might sound a bit lame), but I would like to see an option to use the GameEx brazel for Multiple Mame versions and other emulators - more than just one version of Mame.

If this happens, I will finally have my cake and eat it too! Haha

Just when you think you cataloged all your childhood favorites exactly as you wanted..

some dumb friend adds Barbie on NES to the collection.

A very simple request.. just like we are able to disable "change view".. to make sure

the layout of the games stays as desired.. I would also like to be allowed to disable the

"Add to favorites" button..

As a registered user with custom menus.. I am able to have the favorites menu or category

not even appear.. so let's say hypothetically I'm a registered user who has chosen not to

have the favorites menu selectable.. there is still the "add to favorites" button.. even

though it now has no purpose.. aesthetically that's just weird..

• Like 1

A possibility of moving GameEx Live to a tab in the forum,unless my eyes are deceiving me, I cant see it,

1. Putting GameEx Live within the FE itself, so we can view each others GameEx card.

2. Possibly a messenger service within GameEx for paid users. (On the spot trouble-shooting)

3. A way to compare hi-scores on games with GameEx users, MAME etc..

4. Link GameEx FE to GameEx website so if your in the FE you could get popup messages from the forum for topics followed etc..

Might be a little out of reach but these ideas just popped into my head. (Do I sound crazy ! )

*Yes I Do*

I would propose to add the ability to set a custom background for GameBase systems, like the one that already exists for every other emulator. I have a feeling that GameBase is not so popular here, but shoudn't be too hard to add that option in the Setup Wizard. This way, we could use the already existing C64 or Amiga background images (present in most themes) to customize GameBase. :)

Sorry to reinterate this, but is a custom background for gamebase at all possible?

A custom layout is, by making a layout file named after the gamebase name. I tried doing the same for the background, but did not work. :(

On my cabinet, I like to run the screensaver with no sound. Whenever me or my friends interrupt the screensaver by inserting 10p (or pressing 5) I would like for the sound to be enabled.

The alternative (keeping sound on during screensaver) means that the user must fumble around for the volume control.

I use my game PC a lot as a PC so it loads then runs GameEx. After it loads GameEx and scans the database it gets to the main menu. Then I can shut it down. On my older computer this can take a bit.

So... How about a switch in the settings we can turn on/off that would activate a load delay for GameEx itself? I'm thinking it pops up a box with an "X" second timer. If the timer counts down it runs GameEx as normal. If you click "Stop" or "Exit" it goes to the desktop. "X" could be a short timer or configurable by the user. This way I can leave it to autostart for everyone else and I'd be able to boot without loading GameEx when I want to use the PC.

Minor option that I would use constantly. Just not sure how minor that would be to code. :)

On my cabinet, I like to run the screensaver with no sound. Whenever me or my friends interrupt the screensaver by inserting 10p (or pressing 5) I would like for the sound to be enabled.

The alternative (keeping sound on during screensaver) means that the user must fumble around for the volume control.

The issue with this is that the game would have to be re-launched since disabled sound is in the MAME command line.

I use my game PC a lot as a PC so it loads then runs GameEx. After it loads GameEx and scans the database it gets to the main menu. Then I can shut it down. On my older computer this can take a bit.

So... How about a switch in the settings we can turn on/off that would activate a load delay for GameEx itself? I'm thinking it pops up a box with an "X" second timer. If the timer counts down it runs GameEx as normal. If you click "Stop" or "Exit" it goes to the desktop. "X" could be a short timer or configurable by the user. This way I can leave it to autostart for everyone else and I'd be able to boot without loading GameEx when I want to use the PC.

Minor option that I would use constantly. Just not sure how minor that would be to code. :)

Shoudn't be too hard... Maybe I can come up with something.

I think that something could be done crudely via .bat file, less crude but still not so tidy looking via AHK, or an Adultery solution (probably a simple executible, and, If I know him, he will have to where you can plug in your own image file(s) and configure the timer within a certain time range (0-60 should be sufficient).

I was thinking of just doing a simple MsgBox that will run GameEx.exe if the timer elapses or abort if cancel is pressed as opposed to doing a plugin. A simple exe as Drac suggested should really only be needed... I can get GameEx's path from the registry. I may add a timer setting later but thought 30 seconds would do the trick.

• Like 1