All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The ability to change the color of the selector bar for each system list. Atari 2600 could have a different color than Atari 5200 as an example.

I realize that this wont get added to the current state of GameEx but something to think about for the future update to GameEx if it still has a feature like this in that version. As it stands noone knows what the next version of GameEx will even look like or what features it will have not at least on the forums/community it's just been said that Tom is working on it. With no time table of a release date then this would be a cool feature even to the current state of GameEx.

Thanks guys. Really looking forward to seeing what GameEx will look like and themes we can create for it.

In Short: Controllable 3D Models for consoles, games and categories. User defined tags for roms.

In long: Seems there's some kind of 'engine' (errr if that's right) that renders the 3D cabs in GameEx. Could this also be used to render logos on pages too? For e.g. - on Emulators selection page - have 3D models of various consoles instead of a logo. If so - would be dead interested when finished cab build in tucking into Sketchup and making some 3D consoles!

Also, is it possible to code in some kind of control of the 3D models view? E.g. hold down a button and use joystick to rotate x,y and z? Zoom in? etc. etc.

Lastly, Tag support. Allowing users to assign tags to roms. Then you could have custom pages per tag. For e.g. you could tag up all games in a franchise (e.g. Resident Evil) with the tag "Resident Evil" but also ascribe tag "Lightgun Games" to RE Survivor. This would allow users to create their own catagories for their collections. I think in times of growing collections, giving users the ability to organise and index their roms individually would be groovy. Oh, and also - you could assign 3D models to each tag :D

Can imagine devs rolling their eyes at this point - I DO acknowledge and recognize how much work this might be!! :)

I just started messing with the theme editor and think you have a great option with the video portion of the theme editor. Only problem is that avi and mpg formats are so huge and outdated it makes the video creation part more painful and HDD consuming. I would like to suggest maybe getting mp4 support.

AVI 5 second clip I created - 800MB

mp4 5 second clip - 6MB

I hope you consider adding this functionality as it would broaden what people could do with themes with minimal HDD usage.

Thanks,

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

I use Marquee Magician to display various types of artwork in multiple windows on my digital marquee (a 27" monitor that is embeded in my cabinet so that only the top half shows) and in an 8" monitor in my control panel. MM is an awesome program, but since it relies on IrfanView to display the images, it can be a little temperamental and laggy at times on my computer. Would be nice to have native support within GameEx to do what MM does. I know that Adultery has developed a plug-in to display artwork in a monitor. But I don't believe that it allows the user to create individual windows that can be resized and placed in specific quadrants across multiple monitors. So unless he decides to modify it at some point (wink, wink), then it would be great to have this feature as part of GameEx. :)

It feels a funny time to make suggestions with you guys working so hard on Fight Club 2. However, I'm progressively using the emulator groups function. What would be really goo would be if you could choose which emulator to use once you've selected the game. So it'd go something like this:

Home>System>Games>Emulator

for e.g.:

Home>Atari Jaguar>Atari Karts> (here getting a choice of launching with Virtual Jag or Project Tempest)

At the moment, each game is listed twice (or more with more emus) and when hover over or select, can't tell which emulator is launching it.

Feel free to file in the small, black, round, open topped filing cabinet in the corner of the room. :)

It feels a funny time to make suggestions with you guys working so hard on Fight Club 2. However, I'm progressively using the emulator groups function. What would be really goo would be if you could choose which emulator to use once you've selected the game. So it'd go something like this:

Home>System>Games>Emulator

for e.g.:

Home>Atari Jaguar>Atari Karts> (here getting a choice of launching with Virtual Jag or Project Tempest)

At the moment, each game is listed twice (or more with more emus) and when hover over or select, can't tell which emulator is launching it.

Feel free to file in the small, black, round, open topped filing cabinet in the corner of the room. :)

One workaround to the problem of games being listed twice, and not knowing which emulator is being used to launch which game, is to simply give each emulator its own ROM directory. Then for each ROM directory you only store those games that will be run via the corresponding emulator. That's the way I typically use the Emulator Groups feature, and it really works a treat.

Thanks null. Think that might work in some cases, but for larger sets, may be difficult. For instance, I'm not sure which images run best with Project tempest and which with Virtual Jag, so the option to come back to the game launch menu if not working would be the best approach. Short of duplicating the entire set, this may prove problematic. I haven't looked into it a great deal + there may be other workarounds (custom lists etc - which don't know much about) but was just a thought from a front end use POV.

Thanks for the suggested workaround though!

:D

May have already been suggested, not sure. I hardly ever request additions to GameEx, is pretty much perfect (knock on wood) as it is. However, I'd like to see an extra item added to the "Emulator" pages that allows for a custom RSS feed when you're in that emulator's menu. For example; a Sega feed for Fusion. My ultimate desire here is to be able to add the High Score RSS feed to the custom emulator I created for the competition's dedicated MAP file.

May have already been suggested, not sure. I hardly ever request additions to GameEx, is pretty much perfect (knock on wood) as it is. However, I'd like to see an extra item added to the "Emulator" pages that allows for a custom RSS feed when you're in that emulator's menu. For example; a Sega feed for Fusion. My ultimate desire here is to be able to add the High Score RSS feed to the custom emulator I created for the competition's dedicated MAP file.

You can already have custom RSS feeds per emulator page. This is setup via Theme Editor under Options. Not at home to tell you specifically where to look, but I am sure you can find it.

• Like 1

Hi!

Not sure it was requested before but can you include supermodel under Mame section like it was done with Model2 & Zinc.

(Able to use it or not in the setup wizard)

It can surely be done by grouping emulators but it can be easier this way

( Not that i'm a lazy guy.... :unsure: )

It never hurts to remind us Adultery. I thought that we were going to make a chart to indicate what features each of our apps includes. I was waiting for you to start it, so I could just add ticks to anything my apps could do as well. :)

Hi!

Not sure it was requested before but can you include supermodel under Mame section like it was done with Model2 & Zinc.
(Able to use it or not in the setup wizard)

It can surely be done by grouping emulators but it can be easier this way

( Not that i'm a lazy guy.... :unsure: )

Now that you have 2 solutions, get to it! :)

I'm using GameEx registered version since a few weeks for my new cab and i wonder if there is any way to show up the highscores from the future pinball tables in the GameEx table selection screen?

I think it's no problem to read the highscores from the future pinball/fpRAM folder with the PINemHI tool.

Is there someone who realized this feature or could this be a future feature in GameEx? Or did I missed something? I saw, that this already is realized in PinballX.

Thanks in advance!

escuco

• 2 weeks later...

The only tricky part about this is that a lot of the UbiSoft games on Steam use Uplay as an additional level of DRM. So they appear in both Steam and Uplay. I actually have several games in this category. OTOH I suppose it would only be problematic if the lists were merged, and duplicate games in separate lists are not the end of the world. So long as Steam and Uplay were separate it would probably be great. Nice idea Draco! Origin would be a nice way to complete the trifecta (although it's even less popular than Uplay ... so maybe not.)

Speaking of which ... it would also be great if we could have an Excluded Games list for Steam similar to what is available for MAME. Especially as Steam starts to offer more "standard software" in addition to games, it would be handy to have the ability to filter the Steam list. By the same token, some Steam games are much more controller (or even cab) friendly than others, so I imagine that it would be nice to be able to filter Steam games according to your controls scheme.

I have to plead ignorance on this one. I've used the MAME excluded games list to remove games from my MAME set, but for 'standard' emulators I just remove games from the ROM directory. Where are excluded games stored for regular ol' emulators? I had always assumed that they lived in DATA.db3 but couldn't find anything promising there. Mostly it's just for my edification so I don't go talking out of my ass later. :)