All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme Competition Entries

Adultery

dont get it, why my last post is deleted. too much harsh critic or what?

i want to be a good member, so please tell me what was wrong, so in the future i can keep my mouth shut up. :)

Your post wasn't deleted, it was moved to its own thread as this was not the appropriate thread for expressing your concerns. That way any issues you are having can be dealt with without taking the intent of this thread off topic.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, have seen quite a few teases but no new entries. C'mon! Just because I pulled my gazillion themes from the competition doesn't mean that the competition is over! There is quite a bit of superior talent out there. Vsilvalopes? Acid Brain? Celly? Chazz? Bueller? Bueller?

Keep in mind that just because you get help or inspiration from another user or competitor doesn't mean that you don't have a chance. GameEx continues to evolve and your participation here helps to keep it evolving by driving interest and creating more options for those not inclined to create their own themes.

I look forward to being a judge along with the rest of the admin staff of a very vigorous and stiff competition. Make me proud!

OK, have seen quite a few teases but no new entries. C'mon! Just because I pulled my gazillion themes from the competition doesn't mean that the competition is over! There is quite a bit of superior talent out there. Vsilvalopes? Acid Brain? Celly? Chazz? Bueller? Bueller?

Keep in mind that just because you get help or inspiration from another user or competitor doesn't mean that you don't have a chance. GameEx continues to evolve and your participation here helps to keep it evolving by driving interest and creating more options for those not inclined to create their own themes.

I look forward to being a judge along with the rest of the admin staff of a very vigorous and stiff competition. Make me proud!

Wise words.

I've already started on a new theme which will be an entry to the comp, but im having so much trouble with it, it's ridiculous. I have all the basics waiting to go in a folder on my desktop.(borders etc.. All different resolutions). I Also tried the theme in 1920 x 1080 but it looked horrible.

• 1 month later...

I went ahead and pinned this topic so those with an interest can find it easy to post their Theme Contest submissions! I have hopes of seeing some new ones from Krakerman, kaceyrayclare, Vsilvalopes, Chazz, naborneo (Hint - Hint! Yeah, guys, I am calling ya out! :P ) and others real soon!

I just checked the closing date for the Theme Competition and luckily for me its Jan 2013 :)

I will have an entry soon but need to prioritize my order of projects first. I have a lot coming in at the moment and have given myself a huge task of completing the Game Logos :o

• 2 months later...

Theme Title: Pure GameEx

Theme Type: HTPC

Theme Version: V4

Theme Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)

post-4791-0-38526400-1349223105_thumb.jp post-4791-0-92308600-1349223118_thumb.jp post-4791-0-72824000-1349223140_thumb.jp

Theme Description: Back to the basics of GameEx. Simple Lists and Simple Views.

Theme Features: Almost 80 diferent system logos. Everything redrawn from the status bar to the media bar. Uses diferent sounds and fonts. Included the original PSD files, so you can modify anything you don't like.

Date Submitted: 02/10/2012

Download URL: http://www.gameex.com/themes/Pure%20GameEx.zip

Download Size: 13 MB

Additional Notes: It uses the free font Roboto from the Android Project from Google. Font and license included.

Please give it a try. I've spent a LOT of time on building this, and today this is the theme that I use myself on my HTPC!

I´ve put a lot of love on it, so please enjoy ! :) For the real feeling of my theme I recomend using it with the music "Vintage Warmer, from Nathan Brody" this is the menu song for the game Grid from Codemasters. I wish to dedicate this to my beatifull wife !

Source Files : http://www.mediafire.com/?y1qwgnq65lqbf5v

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I am bumping this thread once more as time for GameEx Theme Contest submissions is quickly coming to a close. If you want your theme considered (and there have been some great ones that haven't been for reasons unknown), please take the time to do so now!

Will be putting my Max Media theme on here in the next few days, it took me a day to complete but is still in process, it's not been seen on on the forums yet because it has gone through so many revisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Theme Title: Max Media (Crazy Green)

Theme Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Theme Type: Mainly HTPC, Desktop etc but has been tested on a 800 x 600 cab and looks good.

Description: Crazy HD Green Madness.

Features: A no-nonsense crazy green theme suitable for any setup, HTPC,Cab etc..

Staying true to GameEx by showing GameEx Name and Logo, also includes Time,Date, Scroller, full size loading screens etc.

All of the graphical interface elements minus the logo pack for the theme have been edited and in some cases re-drawn by myself.

Combined elements of craziness and simplicity.

Date Submitted: 26/12/2012

Download URL: Here

Download Size: 50.3mb

Additional Notes: Nothing else really to say, it's a decent theme, already used by alot of user's who have given positive feedback.

It's a pity I could not enter a few more theme's but they are nowhere near completion, and some are clocking 350mb +

There are alot of awesome entries so good luck guys. (celly get your theme entered buddy) :P

post-9120-0-32423900-1356489526_thumb.jp

post-9120-0-82808000-1356489634_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Glad to see your entry, KRC!

All - You have only 6 days left to get your themes submitted into the competition! For those of you wanting to start a cab you can't afford to miss out on this opportunity to grab some great gear, software, and services to get your project started!

Theme Title: ExNano

Theme Type: HTPC

Theme Resolution: 1920x1080

post-5530-0-94290000-1356860779_thumb.pnpost-5530-0-49973700-1356860786_thumb.pnpost-5530-0-99313600-1356860793_thumb.pn

Theme Description: A basic theme based loosely off the NanoCade MALA theme by koenigs. Uses icon set created by non other than Draco1962 (thanks pal!).

Theme Features: Very simple, clean interface that can be used either on an HTPC or arcade cab.

Date Submitted: 15DEC12

Download URL: GameEx website

Download Size: 71mb

Additional Notes: This is my first theme and hopefully not my last. Huge thanks to Draco1962, Adultery, KRC, Krakerman, NullPointer, Retrokilla and of course Tom. And to all others who pushed me along and helped me. Download it, give it a try.

• Like 5

Excellent submission, Celly!

All - there are just a few days left to submit your themes. If we do not have them by December 31st at 11:59 PST you will have missed out on a grand opportunity to grab some great stuff!

Also, as a reminder, there is not a limit to how many you can submit so if you have more than one theme that you wish to enter, please do so!

• Like 1

Theme Title: La Crema
Theme Type: Cabinet
Theme Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Theme Description: A bright, clean theme. Fits nice in bright Cocktail Tables (like mine ;-) ).
Theme Features: Bright colors, simple layout. With crema.
Date Submitted: 12/30/2012
Download URL: http://www.gameex.com/themes/La%20Crema.zip
Download Size: 93 MB
Additional Notes: Thanks to all who helped me finishing my first Theme. Special thanks to Draco for his help and his patience!

post-3598-0-90849800-1356899696_thumb.pn

post-3598-0-52726300-1356899737_thumb.pn

• Like 4

Is the deadline for this still tomorrow?

Let me know

Regards

That's correct. As of tomorrow night (12/31/12) at 11:59:59 we will no longer be accepting new theme submissions for the contest. Please feel free to keep on working on great theme ideas though! ;)

Also of note:

I will have these themes added to the main entry thread before the contest is closed up for judging (I see I have a lot of work ahead of me with this flurry of entries). All you GameEx members feel free to try the entries out and "like" your favorites (you can vote on as many themes as you want). Your feedback will be considered! :)

Thanks to all of you that participated I'm really looking forward to playing around with all of the entries. Not to mention that GameEx has a bunch of new looks to make it oh so much more fun! You're all winners in my book!

Theme Title: WarGames
Theme Type: Cabinet
Theme Resolution: 1600 x 1200
Theme Description: This theme is based on the 1983 movie WarGames. It is based on the multi-monitor control room (6 screens + 1 terminal).
Theme Features: I created/modified a huge logo set to create closer to vector-like images (they are not line art, and used solarize filters to maintain/create some color). I like how they turned out. It also includes a large set of system foreground/background images. It is based on my arcade cabinet, which uses an old 21" tube monitor, so it's 1600x1200.
Date Submitted: 12/30/2012
Download URL:
http://www.gameex.com/themes/WarGames.zip
Download Size: 200 MB
Additional Notes: Thanks to Tom Spiers for all things GameEx! and thanks to many of the forum members for all of their help and inspiration. A special thanks to Draco for all of his logos and allowing me to use them as a starting point for my logos.

post-5227-0-10603700-1356915717_thumb.jp

post-5227-0-73399800-1356916018_thumb.jp

post-5227-0-60860300-1356916026_thumb.jp

• Like 2