All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

AAE issue

Krakerman

I recently installed AAE in GameEx and got it to work good, but for some reason when I turn on my XBOX360 wireless controller AAE crashes. When I have it off it runs fine. Very strange!

Anyone have seen this issue at all?

I recently installed AAE in GameEx and got it to work good, but for some reason when I turn on my XBOX360 wireless controller AAE crashes. When I have it off it runs fine. Very strange!

Anyone have seen this issue at all?

Will test this issue and respond tomorrow with the results. Stay tuned!

This happens to me when I try to use 2 controllers in Future Pinball too. Is it every time or only with 2 controllers on? Does it do this when the controller is on upon entering from GameEx or after you start up the emu and turn it on?

Does AAE even support controllers? I use the GameEX integrated controller to use my 360 controller with AAE

and its not crashing over here

I didn't think it did as it plainly says it at the website but that was for an old version. Not sure if update #1 or #2 actually fixed that or not. Would have to do some testing since haven't run this emulator except to get it going in GameEx.

No AAE doesn't support controllers, but since the XBOX360 wireless controller crashes AAE I have been using my PS2 Pelican Real Arcade controller instead since it's more of a real arcade stick and buttons and I config the keyboard inputs to it via Pinnacle Game Profiler. I'm using the PSX-to-USB adapter from radio shack to connect it to my PC. That's working pretty good! I just like to be able to sit back and use a wireless gamepad most of the time.

Im glad u guys got AAE to even run i gave up on it cos i couldnt get it to work properly even outside of GameEx untill somebody does a step by step guide to using/config/running it im staying well clear of it lol !.

Ive even tried WHDload ( and paid for a reg ) and still couldn't get it to work. ( although i did got Pinball Fantasies to work )

Ian.

When are you turning on your controller? When does it crash? Any details of the crash? Have you tested outside of GameEx?

I am unable to get it to crash testing outside of GameEx with my wireless 360 controller on when starting a game in AAE. Please give me detail.

Ok when I run AAE and then turn on my controller it doesn't crash, but if I turn on my controller before I run AAE it get the following error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: aae.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 49448b25

Fault Module Name: aae.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 49448b25

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00003426

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Does that help at all?

btw I am running Win 7 x64 if you didn't know that already :P

Ok when I run AAE and then turn on my controller it doesn't crash, but if I turn on my controller before I run AAE it get the following error:

Does that help at all?

Are these results from running it outside of GameEx? In GameEx? From GUI? From Command-line? Again please give more detail so that I can try to duplicate.

This was outside and inside of GameEx when it crashes I get a system requester stating this error then I close it and it goes back to GameEx or back to my desktop when outside of GameEx.

@Adultery Yes I did that and set compatabilty as well with no luck.

This was outside and inside of GameEx when it crashes I get a system requester stating this error then I close it and it goes back to GameEx or back to my desktop when outside of GameEx.

Meet me in chat for real-time support as I'm still unable to duplicate and my questions are not being answered so I don't know how to troubleshoot.

Just make sure your controller is on before launching AAE..?

problem solved ;)

Doin so is what's causing the crash! :blink:

Does that help at all?

btw I am running Win 7 x64 if you didn't know that already :P

• 8 months later...

I've got this same error on AAE but not with the xbox 360 controller. I use a JVS-Pak to interface with my arcade controllers and AAE doesn't like them. Also running windows 7 64bit!?

Same error codes, and starts fine if its disconected. Any luck resolving this?

Are you getting the same error when you run AAE outside of GameEx? If so, then it is not a GameEx issue.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=73009.120

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=100364.0#msg1067844 - users reporting some issues that may be related

http://pages.suddenlink.net/aae/ - make sure you have the latest updates

Things you can try are running in compatibility mode (XP is usually safe). From reading the authors site looks like there were some issues with joysticks and possibily video card compatibility issues.