All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulator Groups?'s

Krakerman

1. I posted about this topic and boom my post disappeared wt*! Anyways enuff ranting

2. I was trying to request if at all possible if you can add more emulator groups to the setup wizard as five is a bit on the small size as the number of emulators are growing there is a need for more groups that we can easily setup. Right now if you want more than 5 you have to do it manually.

3. Also I mentioned this awhile back but when using groups to group emulators you can't have the last 5 games played within the emulator show even if you have it enabled within each emulator. Can this be added to groups at all?

Thanks! :D

1. I posted about this topic and boom my post disappeared wt*! Anyways enuff ranting

2. I was trying to request if at all possible if you can add more emulator groups to the setup wizard as five is a bit on the small size as the number of emulators are growing there is a need for more groups that we can easily setup. Right now if you want more than 5 you have to do it manually.

3. Also I mentioned this awhile back but when using groups to group emulators you can't have the last 5 games played within the emulator show even if you have it enabled within each emulator. Can this be added to groups at all?

It didn't disappear. It was moved to the request thread so that Tom can see it. Here it is. The request thread is a more appropriate place for it. In the general forums it will get lost and Tom may overlook it. I guess I could have left it as moved in the main forums but then again that would kind of defeat the purpose and not be as tidy. For requests, please post in the dedicated thread.

I would definitely second this request (although I know that this thread isn't the proper place to do so). :o My real reason for posting is to ask how you manually add more emulator groups. I haven't exceeded the limit of 5 yet, but as I continue to add more systems to GameEx I can definitely foresee that eventual possibility. I apologize in advance if I missed a post describing this process, but my search didn't turn up any promising leads. I guess what I'm really asking is what files need to be edited in order to accomplish this?

I also wanted to point out that this component of the request didn't get included in the official requests thread. This would also be an awesome addition even if it's implemented separately from the above request. (Not sure if I'd be stepping on toes to simply carry this request over to the appropriate thread)

Just went into the GameEx config file using WordPad and added a new entry then saved it. Example:

[EmulatorGroup_6]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=

TITLETEXT=

StartPageLogo=

Emulators=

ShowUnderEmulators=True

Just fill in the blanks with your info. You can search for "Group" using WordPad's find feature. Then add like the entry above under [EmulatorGroup_5].

Thats how I did it, but would be more user friendly if we had more available under the setup wizard. :D

Just went into the GameEx config file using WordPad and added a new entry then saved it.

Thanks for checking that out for us. I've just added support to the Setup Wizard but I need Tom to tell me the maximum number of groups GX supports.

EDIT: Okay next release will have 30 emulator groups in the Setup Wizard.

Before long I won't have need of the Advanced Config... thanks!

Is there any reason to still use the Advanced Config? If there is something missing from the Setup Wizard please let me know and I'll look into adding it.

To be honest I can't think of any reason to use it - the changes you have made to the Setup Wizard are very complete from what I have seen. I know that sometimes it is easier to point someone to the Advanced Config because you can count to a specific page in the depth of the option being tweaked. That is probably more habit that anything. It may be preferable from a support standpoint to only have one app available that all use. I know that I will use Advanced Config when making changes while GameEx is loaded. If there was a way to integrate Setup Wizard access through GameEx to make changes on the fly without having to take it down, that would be an awesome enhancement.

If there was a way to integrate Setup Wizard access through GameEx to make changes on the fly without having to take it down, that would be an awesome enhancement.

There should be something like this in the next release :)