All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Please post your emulator profiles here

headkaze

Hey guys. I'm currently working on adding ratings to the emulator profiles and I thought while I'm at it I may as well spend a bit of time adding some of the latest emulators.

If you have any emulators you've added that GameEx doesn't have a default profile for please post it here.

Also I seem to have misplaced the following 3 profiles. They don't seem to be in the latest GameEx install either. Has anyone got copies of these they can post?

[Console] SNK Neo-Geo CD (NEOGEOCD).ini

[PC] Sinclair Spectrum (RealSpec).ini

[PC] Sinclair ZX81 (Eighty0ne).ini

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently added the following new emulator profiles.

[Arcade] Sammy Atomiswav (DEmul)
[Arcade] Sega Naomi (DEmul)
[PC] Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Spectaculator)

If you have any you would like to share, please post them here.

Also if you would like to request a profile for an emulator not currently in GameEx, please post it here.

Also if you would like to request a profile for an emulator not currently in GameEx, please post it here.

This is sort of a request, but mostly laziness on my part! :lol:

I've been tooling around with XEBRA/ARBEX for PSX emulation recently (specifically with Xebra rather than Arbex). It's updated regularly, and keeps getting better and better. The emu author seems to be very receptive to user feedback and bug reports (although maybe not quite so much as you and Tom!). The goals for this emulator are very similar to the goals of pSX (i.e. accurate PSX emulation, simple interface, and no plugins), but of course pSX is essentially dead.

I'll likely keep pSX as my primary PSX emulator in GameEx (due to rumble support), but I'll likely be running Xebra along side it as a fall back for any compatibility issues (while waiting for Dr. Hell to introduce rumble support).

I haven't added Xebra to GameEx yet though. The thing is I haven't fiddled around with the command line settings at this point since I've been running everything through the Xebra interface. The command line settings can be found in the Help section of the emulator app, I just haven't done anything with them yet. Like I said, lazy! (time is playing a factor too)

At any rate, I think that Xebra would be a worthy addition to the current selection of PSX emulators in GameEx. If I get something up and running I'll post my emulator profile, but if someone else was interested in having a go, I'd gladly be willing to benefit from your hard work! :D

tl;dr: Requesting the addition of a Xebra profile. ;)

Thanks!

Okay I've knocked up a Xebra profile and added the upload. So if possible can someone test this?

Wow thanks HK! You've been a real dynamo around here lately! (which is nothing new of course). I'll definitely test this out. It might be a couple of days before I can report back with any definitive results though. The torrential downpour of biblical proportions has finally come to an end in my neck of the woods, so I need to catch up on some painting around the house over the course of the weekend. I'll let you know what I find out (regarding the Xebra profile, not the house painting :P ).

Thanks again! I'm pretty pumped to show Xebra a little GameEx love.

This is a bit off topic (okay almost entirely) but are there games actually worth playing on the Sinclair Spectrum / ZX81 today? Put another way, if you never played a game on those systems before are they still enjoyable or purely nostalgic?

This is a bit off topic (okay almost entirely) but are there games actually worth playing on the Sinclair Spectrum / ZX81 today? Put another way, if you never played a game on those systems before are they still enjoyable or purely nostalgic?

I don't think that there is a single answer to the question. For most people, IMO, I would have to say there is a lot of nostalgia involved and enjoyment from that. It takes you back to a happy place, especially if you had owned that system in the past. For others, I am sure it just comes down to bragging rights - "my cab can emulate a gazillion" old systems and I don't care that I have 300 iterations of Asteroids!" I would say that there is a 3rd category that enjoys the challenge of making things work, looking into the past of a system that they never used before.

My primary interest is MAME, however, I have very fond memories of the early Atari and Intellivision consoles and the Atari 8-bit systems and I find them to be an enjoyable escape. I also enjoy my Xbox and Xbox 360.