All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

IMPORTANT - I need to say this !

simbamame

R U a GameEx addict ?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Can you not go for more than a few hours without a Gameex fix?

• Yes
    • No
    • Definatly NOT - I need help NOW !

You know the beauty of these forums, the members here help each other not like on other forums, where you post a cry for help and hear nothing, its by far the best forum ive ever been on, you post a problem and 99% of the time you get some advise with-in an hour and now i use this 1 only for almost any problem i have.

I was made so welcome when i joined, and the advise ive been given is 2nd to none, you guys really know your stuff... i only wished id discovered GameEx earlier, as i making some good friends on here ( you know who u are lol ! ), and i now am at the point where i NEED to log on EVERY day for a GameEx forum fix, sad but true!. lol.

Ive actually been able to start helping others, and i noticed earlier ive been promoted to "Advance Member", in a few years i might be a "pro" pmsl !!.

Please feel free to reply.

Ian.

simba.png

The first step in treating your addiction is admitting you are an addict. Only problem is, you are seeking help from fellow addicts! There ain't no 12-step program to recovery here!! :lol:

The first step in treating your addiction is admitting you are an addict. Only problem is, you are seeking help from fellow addicts! There ain't no 12-step program to recovery here!! :lol:

PMSl !! :lol:

I try and get a good hour or so on my cab when I'm home. Either doing snaps, filtering, renaming, matching, or even get this, PLAYING a game. Mrs. Celly likes that I have a hobby that keeps me happy and involved. And yes, I am an addict.

This site has an excellent community. I was amazed at first when I first started posting here as well. Hopefully it continues to grow and stay strong. One of my other favorite forums, TheGreenButton.com was more or less killed by Microsoft the other day. Not quite as friendly as here sometimes, but always helpful and with a strong community.

You know the beauty of these forums, the members here help each other not like on other forums, where you post a cry for help and hear nothing, its by far the best forum ive ever been on, you post a problem and 99% of the time you get some advise with-in an hour and now i use this 1 only for almost any problem i have.

I was made so welcome when i joined, and the advise ive been given is 2nd to none, you guys really know your stuff... i only wished id discovered GameEx earlier, as i making some good friends on here ( you know who u are lol ! ), and i now am at the point where i NEED to log on EVERY day for a GameEx forum fix, sad but true!. lol.

Ive actually been able to start helping others, and i noticed earlier ive been promoted to "Advance Member", in a few years i might be a "pro" pmsl !!.

Please feel free to reply.

Ian.

simba.png

I'm sure you'll become a pro a lot sooner than that. It only takes the desire to learn and to explore on your own. I wouldn't even call myself a pro. Me being able to help comes from just reading and using common sense. Not something many use when it comes to this stuff. LOL.

^^Agreed, although my crippling interest in emulation and childhood desire to own a game cabinet has led me to a lot of crazy solutions for people's problems. ;)

OK, OK! Enough! I swear, if someone breaks out a guitar and starts singing "Kumbaya" I will have to start frequenting the Arcade Maximus forums. Don't think I won't do it! :P

Seriously, I never thought I would get the hang of this program and like many "n00bs" was a little intimidated at first. Along the way I have learned much by asking the questions I needed to ask. Tom, Tempest, Adultery and fReq were among the first to welcome me and lend a hand. bkenobi, Brian Hoff, and Headkaze also added their expertise. It wasn't long after that I was able to start contributing to the community with my own advice and that I had learned from the "Jedi Masters." contributing themes, introducing some to the poor-man's PhotoShop known as The Gimp for image editing, creating themes, etc.

You are doing fine Ian! Just keep at it!

LOL yea the only reason I am able to help others is because I was fortunate enough to have these problems before anyone else! :lol:

but I get what you are saying,this is a cool community and GameEX does kick ass!!