All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 11.31

Tom Speirs

20th October, 2010 - GameEx 11.30

Search is no longer a registered version feature and now available for free.

Search feature now includes an on screen keyboard operatable with arcade controls and game pads.

21st October, 2010 - GameEx 11.31

Small fix to sop the keys disapperaing on the on screen keyboard.

Thank you so much Tom you ROCK!! :)

Here's a newbie question - how does one upgrade? Is it just a matter of installing the new version in the same directory as the old one? And if so, I won't lose any of my config settings will I?

Thanks

That is an OUTSTANDINGLY good question! :D

Here's a newbie question - how does one upgrade? Is it just a matter of installing the new version in the same directory as the old one? And if so, I won't lose any of my config settings will I?

Thanks

Yes, install over the top of your existing directory. No, you won't lose your settings - but even if something goes wrong, Tom backups up your GameEx.ini file for you.

I agree with QWERTY as well. Most games and apps I've seen with an onscreen keyboard have the QWERTY layout as well.

I would say there are just about as many that have the virtual keypad that are strialph, but being an old fart that failed typing in highschool, I find myself getting lost tryoing to find the letters when QWERTY I can fly through it.