All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME Screensaver version update?

Draco1962

What do you mean? The screen saver runs MAME which can be either DD or D3D depending on how you have it set up. The changes made to GameEx's video system will not affect the screen saver.

Am I missing something?

a update would be nice to add the option for other emulators other than MAME. rolleyes.gif

I like how you think - maybe a GameEx screensaver is what I was actually thinking of. I haven't seen much recent action in the MAME screensaver forum. It would be nice to have one that features (on a screensaver scale, nmind you) the flexibility to select from MAME and other emus to match those that we run through GameEx.

Well, I'm still confused then. GameEx will run whatever emulators you specify in the screen saver already. The only thing it doesn't do that it does do with MAME is include the info along the bottom of the screen. BUT, that's not a GameEx thing so much as taking advantage of MAME's bezel system. If another emulator supported bezels, you might be able to get GameEx to do something similar, but otherwise...

The only other thing that could possibly be done is to have something placed over the game (like a water mark I guess). That would take better understanding of how video is generated than I'm able to provide though. My guess is that it might work for some emulators, but it would be hit and miss.

I think they're refering to the standalone MAME Screensaver app, not the one native to GameEx. That app does not, in fact, support emulators like GameEx does.

As far as D3D, the standalone app doesn't use any visuals that I'm aware of. You can set your MAME up to take advantage of D3D. I haven't used the app in a while, but I don't think that there is any visual overlays for it (maybe I'm wrong?).

Hope that clears up some of the confusion!

;)

I think they're refering to the standalone MAME Screensaver app, not the one native to GameEx. That app does not, in fact, support emulators like GameEx does.

As far as D3D, the standalone app doesn't use any visuals that I'm aware of. You can set your MAME up to take advantage of D3D. I haven't used the app in a while, but I don't think that there is any visual overlays for it (maybe I'm wrong?).

Hope that clears up some of the confusion!

wink.gif

Yeah, what Adultery said. :D