All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Plugin for Facebook / Twitter integration

Speil

Hi,

I'm searching a Plugin that posts automatically to Facebook and/or twitter what I'm doing in GameEx, like "Watching File.avi", Playing "Game1 on Emulator2"

Is there a Plugin or a way to do that?

Thanks in advance

No, not currently, but it should be fairly easy to write one at least for Twitter. There's an easy to use .net api that Ive used before. Facebook apps require quite a bit more work, its a little complex. Again though, nothing out there currently.

Ok thangs for the fast answer.

Btw: if a twitter-plugin is ready, there are some facebook-apps to integrate your tweets - so you can have your status in facebook by this detour ;)

• 2 years later...

I've already toyed with the FB API. Never looked at Twitter's. I might look into this if people really want to see it.

I am only interested in Twitter, don't even have FB, but I know you can monitor twitter from FB by using #fb in your tweets, so if you manage to do it for twitter it could work on both :) I've developed several "clients" for twitter using PHP I am sure its easy using the .net API, unfortunately I've got no idea on how to develop a GameEx Plugin, which brings me to the next question, is there a simple documentation on the plugin API ?

• 2 years later...

Hi there!

I would love that feature too, so every time I play something it would be posted on facebook :D twitter integration would be great too, although I rarely use it, but if it's easier and I can make something post my tweets about gameex on facebook it would do the trick too...