All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Another problem with ScummVM

celly

Recently, I've acquired the rest of the ScummVM games and now have a complete set. Originally I only had the 88 that was already used in the config. All the steps where done exactly as I used before to make a game run, put the actual ROM files in a folder named the game short name, made the dummy file with the short name used, launched it through ScummVm, and then tried it in GameEx. Only problem is it still shows the original 88 games and none of the newer set I have installed. I've tried searching but only found threads about setting up Scumm. Anybody have a clue?

Trial and error, trial and error. I figured it out. By removing the cache data for the emulator (in the GameEx folder, the DATA folder), in my case EMU_29, GameEx made itself right. Now all the games are listed and all is good. For future reference, remove the cache.

Thanks for the help me, your welcome you. :lol:

Well, I am glad you got it sorted. It seems many are having issues with the cache recently than from previous versions.

I will keep this in mind, it was going to be my guess that the issue was between your dummy file and the rompath.

That was it too. The only bad thing now, is that the database isn't up to date with the newer compatibility ScummVM 1.1.0 has. So I've gone back and started to name the dummy files and the rom folders, the actual game name. From FW to Future Wars. On all the files, artwork, snaps and titles. A bit of a time consuming project.

Headkaze if your reading this, how do I make the dummy .file files for Scumm? I think by renaming them, I screwed them up. Originally I thought it was working but it was for a game that wasn't changed, dummy file remained the same.

• 1 month later...

Here is an update to this if anyone is interested. I figured it out. I managed to edit the original database file for ScummVM and added the newer compatible games. Then I renamed all the .file files back to the Scumm short name (i.e. Curse Of Monkey Island back to comi). After that, made a copy of one of the .file and renamed it the newer addition roms. Now all 109 games are playable and in a clean list, full named list. YAY! :D

Actually I was hoping Flash was going to make a post because he updated my ScummVM pack to make it better, so he was really the guy to ask.

It's cool. I was going to throw all of what I put together into a rar file and upload if anybody else wanted to use.

It's cool. I was going to throw all of what I put together into a rar file and upload if anybody else wanted to use.

Sorry for my lack of input there...

It was a long time ago that I was setting up Scumm and to be perfectly honest, you perhaps worked out how to add the updates quicker than I would.

Glad you go it all worked out and sorry for leaving you to it.

I am interested! BTW, check out snaps from my latest themes in the user submitted themes thread and tell me what ya think!

I am interested! BTW, check out snaps from my latest themes in the user submitted themes thread and tell me what ya think!

Well I just added my files to the database thread, check it out. Oh and your new theme looks really good! I can't wait to try the finished product.

Well I just added my files to the database thread, check it out. Oh and your new theme looks really good! I can't wait to try the finished product.

Thanks for the update. :)

Do you have to use the short name for the directory where you put your scumm games at? I have ScummVM running fine, but my games are put in a Games folders where each game have a long name for the game (ex. f:\scummvm\games\Beneath A Steel Sky). Will I have to rename each folder for it to work in GameEx?

Do you have to use the short name for the directory where you put your scumm games at? I have ScummVM running fine, but my games are put in a Games folders where each game have a long name for the game (ex. f:\scummvm\games\Beneath A Steel Sky). Will I have to rename each folder for it to work in GameEx?

I used the ScummVM short name. So Beneath A Steel Sky would be 'sky'. You'd have to change the folder names, then change the path in the ScummVM engine outside of GameEx plus all your artwork and such.

I used the ScummVM short name. So Beneath A Steel Sky would be 'sky'. You'd have to change the folder names, then change the path in the ScummVM engine outside of GameEx plus all your artwork and such.

Without being able to go back and check. (I do not have a set up at the moment) all relevant files had to follow the same convention and use the shortened names the the launcher does. I just looked at the video files I did to match the launcher and they all used the same short names.

Thanks for sharing - hope to put it to use soon. The theme is done and uploaded so give it a go and let me know what ya think. I haven't used ScummVM before so may hit ya up for some tips.

• 3 weeks later...

In the midst of me updating this, I forgot to add 2 games. Didn't really notice it until I was trying to make a snap for Dragon History. I added the 2 games I missed to the database file and uploaded the fixed files to the User Submitted Configs, Map Files, Wrappers and Databases thread. Now there are the complete listed 111 games for ScummVM. Sorry about the mix up. :o