All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PCSX2 New Version *Working Loader*

Krakerman

fReq - Do we have clear guidelines for troubleshooting with the debug tools (those within GameEx and those outside such as Event Viewer)? I usually ask if it is working outside of GameEx as there are some emus that will work outside but not within because they need a loader to work. In other cases, the user is expecting it all to work "out of the box" because they have the ROMs, have the programs installed, but have not setup the paths, etc. within the emu, much less within GameEx. Hence why we also have to ask for log files and copies of the gameex.ini files to see the real picture from the GameEx-side.

fReq - Do we have clear guidelines for troubleshooting with the debug tools (those within GameEx and those outside such as Event Viewer)? I usually ask if it is working outside of GameEx as there are some emus that will work outside but not within because they need a loader to work. In other cases, the user is expecting it all to work "out of the box" because they have the ROMs, have the programs installed, but have not setup the paths, etc. within the emu, much less within GameEx. Hence why we also have to ask for log files and copies of the gameex.ini files to see the real picture from the GameEx-side.

No clear guidelines really. When trouble shooting an emulator, it's best to use the debug feature. When troubleshooting an error in GameEx then the log file is what we would ask for. When no errors are given but weird behavior is when we ask for the GameEx.ini so that we can see the users settings and see what may be causing it. It all really depends on the issue. The best source at the moment is Tempest's guide. Not many emulators need a loader/wrapper so best place to know is my list of emulators as I have them marked as needing a loader when needed. I will update soon to include more emus. I've just been busy with real-life. We started a topic a long time ago where it listed emulators that needed wrappers. Tempest pretty much covers the most common ones in his thread and my unreleased multi-loader will include them as well. If need be I can always write some tutorials that are needed.