All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PC Games Database (Windows)

AnodizedOS

Hi all,

I decided to start working on a PC games database for Windows based games. So far I have about 50 games (those I have installed) added to the database. This database is of use if you have your Windows games set up as an emulator (via *.lnk shortcuts).

I'll provide my emulator setup also. Just change the paths to your shortcut folder.

[Emulator_1]
Enabled=True
STARTPAGENAME=PC Games
TITLETEXT=PC Games
StartPageLogo=PC Games
ROMFilter=*.lnk
RomPath=F:\MEDIA Library\Storage\Game Shortcuts
SnapPath=F:\MEDIA Library\Storage\Game Art\snap
TitlePath=F:\MEDIA Library\Storage\Game Art\Title
BoxPath=F:\MEDIA Library\Storage\Game Art\Box Art
CartPath=
ManualPath=F:\MEDIA Library\E-Books\Game Manuals
ControlPanelPath=
InstructionsPath=
WorkingPath=F:\MEDIA Library\Storage\Game Shortcuts
MapKeys=False
WaitBeforeKeys=
SendKeys=
ReplaceDash=False
ReplaceUnder=True
Capitals=False
RemoveBrackets=False
ShowDesktop=False
Debug=False
MAPFile=
AlsoLaunch=
Command=""[ROMPATH]/[ROMFILE]""
OLDatZip=
LaunchBefore=
LaunchAfter=
configFile=
ExcludedFiles=;EverQuest II - Launcher.lnk;;Fury Launcher.lnk;;Future Pinball.lnk;;Mame 32.lnk;;Oblivion - CS.lnk;;Turning Point - Fall of Liberty.lnk;
CustomBackground=
PlayMusic=False
DontShowInfo=False
PlaySelectionMusic=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PCGame=False
DATABASE=[PC] Windows Games
GamesIn7Zips=False
PlayInScreenSaver=False
ShowMostPlayed=False
RandomMostPlayed=False
CDCheck=False
CDCheckFile=
[GENERAL]
DumbyValue=

Attached is the current version of the database, which is simply an edited emulator database. So far, it contains Categories, game Release Years and Game descriptions.

Copy the attached database file to your GameEx/DATA/EMULATORS folder.

Remember, this is still a work-in-progress, but I thought I'd share this and provide updates as frequently as I can. If you have a request for a game to be added, let me know and provide the name of your shortcut link :)

~A

P.S: Since PC links are "standalone", meaning they don't always follow GoodROM naming conventions, I've decided to name games in the following format: For example "Call of Duty 4 - Single Player, Call of Duty 4 - Multiplayer, Civilization 4 - Beyond The Sword, Age of Empires III - Warchiefs".

Enjoy!

_PC__Windows_Games.zip

What happened to the PC database the guys made from my AllGames scrape? Was it too big or something? I remember it being a huge.

Don't think it was ever included because it was never matched to any naming set because there isn't one for the PC

Here's the most up to date 1 I have with 6142 entries extracts to 22.5mb :o , should be a good starting plavce if someone wants to add to or update it

Stu

_PC__Microsoft_Windows.rar

Don't think it was ever included because it was never matched to any naming set because there isn't one for the PC

Here's the most up to date 1 I have with 6142 entries extracts to 22.5mb :o , should be a good starting plavce if someone wants to add to or update it

Stu

Wow, I didn't know this existed. I just looked at the database and the naming convention is pretty much exactly the same as what I started in my database. I would like to add entries to your database and bring it up to date with some newer games. Is it ok for me to provide updates to this database here if I continue work on it?

Yeah work away, just share what you do so we can all take advantage of it :) if you get it to a state your happy with then we could see about getting Tom to add it along with the other databases

Stu

Yeah work away, just share what you do so we can all take advantage of it :) if you get it to a state your happy with then we could see about getting Tom to add it along with the other databases

Stu

Awesome. I've already merged my existing database into this and deleted the (few) duplicate records. Like I said, the naming conventions used in the existing database are very similar to what I use anyway. I've made a few corrections and cleaned the database up a bit. For example there were several entries listed as "Electronic Arts, Inc." where others were listed simply as "Electronic Arts" - I've corrected those and similar entries to make them more uniform and the database cleaner.

I'll upload the newest version tomorrow.

I thought it was added with the current releases... oh well.

Like they said just share what you finish! I know I never got around to that one. It was just too large and not many people seemed to care when I started a similar thread. Hopefully some more people will request games and get it all put together.

In my opinion, the best naming convention is exactly what the game installs by default. if Call of Duty 4 had a C.O.D. 4 labled Icon, then that is what I would put in the "rom name" section of the database. Then Call of Duty 4 in the "Game name" section.

But that is my personal opinion and I think thats how I did it with the few games I manually added.