All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Completed Feature Requests (Moved)

Vertical GameEx!?

How cool wouldn't that be? You could choose "enable vertical screen option" in the options and then, at startup, you would have a "boot" menu "horizontal or vertical GameEx?" so that if you're running it in a cab with a rotated or vertical monitor, GameEx would rotate to a resolution that you'd set in advance (of course) in options.

And with (optional) perhaps "rotate game with GameEx", so that the mame.ini file would be altered automatically.

And a "rotate GameEx to horizontal/vertical" option in the main menu (hidden optional). Perhaps most people rotate their monitor with everything disconnected, but in case you accidentally launch the wrong orientation.

And with this option you could choose "show only games with current orientation". Or "show only vertical favourites"?

How about that?

Emph

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya! what emphatic said is just what I need, a rotatable gui. Any plans for this implament something like this?  :)

Just so I dont raise hopes, Vertical support is never likely to happen.

The reason is simple, in that the GameEx GUI will just not fit on a vertically reported display at Low res Arcade Monitor resolutions. It would need to be running at at least 1024X768 and as low res arcade monitors cant support this resolution thats the reason.

If there was actually demand for running GameEx rotated but at high res, then I will certainly implement it.

What are your thoughts?

Tom, I seem to recall this from a while back but don't actually remember if it was asked and what your response was. How about a Top Games menu item that would include the top 10 games sorted by either amount of time played or number of plays?

Thanks,

Toonces

Tom, I seem to recall this from a while back but don't actually remember if it was asked and what your response was. How about a Top Games menu item that would include the top 10 games sorted by either amount of time played or number of plays?

Thanks,

Toonces

I dont remember this, but I do like the idea, and I think I'll do it.

Hey Tom,

I'd like to have the ability to select the game plyed in attract mode from a list, and not from all mame games available.

For example, a game selected from either the favorites, or a list than I create.

The reason is , in my case, that I'd like the attract mode only play the Top 10 mame games (PAcMan, Galaga, etc..) and not unknown games.

tx

In advanced config, can you support POV HAT positions for key mappings as well? On both my PSX and XBox game pads, the D-pad is assigned as a POV hat. So for visual pinball, I use the D-pad left for the left flipper. (The left and right triggers aren't crisp enough ... idea of using D-pad stolen from the old NES pinball game :) )

Also in the sample configs, the assign for exit buttons go up to 6. Does it support numbers higher than 6?

Now that we have assignable exit coes, can they be assigned for MAME as well?

Here's my newest request: would it be possible that GameEx can load all the gamelists already in the background when it starts up and not on the moment that you actually choose the list? For example, i've +- 35000 disks in my C64-list and when I choose this emulator in the menu for the first time, it takes a long time to load the list (but once it's loaded you don't have to wait anymore)

I have a Suggestion for the LCDSMartie Plugin. Is there anyway to add 3 possible strings to this such as system(SNES), play timer (time that you have been playing the game), and times played? Don't worry my computer is rebuilt back in one piece along with the VFD!

Here's my newest request: would it be possible that GameEx can load all the gamelists already in the background when it starts up and not on the moment that you actually choose the list? For example, i've +- 35000 disks in my C64-list and when I choose this emulator in the menu for the first time, it takes a long time to load the list (but once it's loaded you don't have to wait anymore)

You can do that already (actually, something even better) with the MAP files. Go to c:\program files\gameex\data dir. You'll see a bunch of EMU_x.MAP files for each emulator you have configured. Copy the EMU_x.map file for your C64 emulators to another folder. In the GameEx config, set the MAP file to point to the file you copied. This will cause GameEx to read the cached list of ROMs from the .MAP file instead of scanning the disk. Now you'll never need to wait. You'll just have to repeat the process if you update your game list.

-- Rob

I have over 900 NES games. I like the feature you added a while back where you can press a 'W' for example and the screen will go directly to the W's. My problem is that i am running my HTPC headless. It would be nice if pressing the 3 on the MCE remote would go the the D's and 4 would go to the G's, etc.

Can you add a confirmation:

"Are you sure you want to update the Game List? [YES] or [NO]" for Update game list?

Because if you click it by accident, the only thing to do to abort the process is Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

Emph

It would be nice if pressing the 3 on the MCE remote would go the the D's and 4 would go to the G's, etc.

Great idea. The only problem is that I don't think Windows makes any distinction between the keyboard's 1-9 and the MCE remote's 1-9, so it would break the ability to search by numbers. I think the need to jump-to by number is pretty small though.

dunno if it is requested, but ya know how ya can play ya playlist, and silence mame and play and dance at the same time ........

well, what about with the other emu's aswell, and not just mame.

i got zsnes and it just shuts music down and then opens zsnes.

if it is allready mentioned, then is it something tom is thinking about?????

another i think of is.

is it possible that when creating snaps, if it comes along a game, (specially with zsnes), with a problem........ it then dumps it and moves on....... rather than crashing.... or constently hanging.

reason i say this is that i tried the create snaps feature...... and set it like 5 mins so i would get a demo pic.

anyway some time into it, about 2-3 hrs on 26 hr job it hits a game with problems.

you cant pick were or what games to snap, its a case of start again.

thats it...... reckognise errors, but also why not pick what game to snap

okayy so say you add another 3 games to zsnes, and u want snaps, then oooops start again.

mind you i have no keyboard and only 3 buttons per player

another i think of is.

is it possible that when creating snaps, if it comes along a game, (specially with zsnes), with a problem........ it then dumps it and moves on....... rather than crashing.... or constently hanging.

reason i say this is that i tried the create snaps feature...... and set it like 5 mins so i would get a demo pic.

anyway some time into it, about 2-3 hrs on 26 hr job it hits a game with problems.

you cant pick were or what games to snap, its a case of start again.

thats it...... reckognise errors, but also why not pick what game to snap

okayy so say you add another 3 games to zsnes, and u want snaps, then oooops start again.

mind you i have no keyboard and only 3 buttons per player

You dont need to start over, there is an option to 'resume' creating snaps. Or at least there should be?

Programs do crash sometimes, and theres really nothing I or GameEx can do about it.

Great idea.  The only problem is that I don't think Windows makes any distinction between the keyboard's 1-9 and the MCE remote's 1-9, so it would break the ability to search by numbers.    I think the need to jump-to by number is pretty small though.

It is a great idea, its something I've been thinking about implementing anyway. Look out for it soon!

I'd like to see background music continue to play when choosing an emulator game much like it does with MAME. I tend to have my cabinet, when powered on, start background music via a playlist or via an internet radio stream. It'd be great to have it seemless for all games, not just MAME titles.

Is it possible to display the name of the song that is playing? (for a few seconds in a corner would be nice) I don't know if this option is already available ;)

I hope you can add this into gameex

can u make a option in the emulator config thing that you can tell gammex what program to look for when u lunch a game for example

even if the first program is opened then closed gameex wount switch back but just wait for the program u told it to

this would work great for me since the first program gameex has to lunch when i play psx games is epsxecutor then epsxecutor closes and lunches epsxe with the setteings for the game

sorry for my english and i hope u understand what im trying to say