All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Export Configs

redders

You might want to just copy your entire GameEx directory. There are other files you may or may not have edited (e.g., custominput.ini). I just backed up my cab and what I grabbed were:

GameEx.ini

custominput.ini

GameEx/Config/Emulator

You really have to have a decent system to run it. I custom built mine for my HTPC using the latest models of the hardware. It's got 4gb Ram, 2gb Readyboost, 1.5tb harddrive. Intel Core2Duo E6600. nVidia 8600GTS, 756mb Ram, PCIe-16x. This thing flies and has yet to crash on me.

The system at Costco was built to run Vista. It wasn't an upgrade!

*** Off Topic ***

Btw, I hadn't heard of ReadyBoost before, but I found an article through Wikipedia. I'm confused though. The technology looks like it basically moves the page file to a flash device of somekind. If that's true, then it's kinda dumb. Flash memory has a limited number of writes in it's life. So using it for a page file basically means that you will kill your flash drive/SD/etc in a relatively short period of time. Why not just add more memory and enable a flash drive? Or, shrink your page file and add more memory. I guess I don't understand the advantage of this new feature. :ph34r:

The system at Costco was built to run Vista. It wasn't an upgrade!

*** Off Topic ***

Btw, I hadn't heard of ReadyBoost before, but I found an article through Wikipedia. I'm confused though. The technology looks like it basically moves the page file to a flash device of somekind. If that's true, then it's kinda dumb. Flash memory has a limited number of writes in it's life. So using it for a page file basically means that you will kill your flash drive/SD/etc in a relatively short period of time. Why not just add more memory and enable a flash drive? Or, shrink your page file and add more memory. I guess I don't understand the advantage of this new feature. :ph34r:

ReadyBoost is some kinda hybrid flash drive. It has special software on the device, as well as Vista running special drivers to access it. You can consider it as a pagefile if that helps you understand it's functionality. What it actually does is monitor your activity while it's plugged in, and begins to write the "pagefile" to it based on the things you most frequently access. That allows for a faster response in load times because the information is already loaded on the drive, rather than having to read it off a disk. This is very helpful for Media Center. It stores all the information about your music, photos, movies, and recorded tv. Since I use this computer as a Media Center / GameEx, it runs both extremely well, and very fast. I did an expirement and unplugged it once. The system was a lot slower. The reason why this works so well, is because the information stores on the drive even when the computer is turned off. Without it, the system has to read the information from the harddrive every time, and copy it to the RAM and the pagefile in order to run it. With this, it's just THERE ready to be used at a moments request.

They say installing more RAM improves performance better than Readyboost does. I think its a little bit of a gimmick, and a little over rated by the likes of the press.

I don't like Vista either, I cant currently use it for doing any real work, it just don't cut it for professional usage.

However, for media center usage, its excellent, and GameEx plays nice with it (unlike a lot of other S/W). Although you wont believe what work I had to put in to make that happen.