All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Off Topic - Assistance Request

hansolo77

I've been googling everything I can think of, and I just can't what I'm looking for. I need a Vista x32 compatible driver for the Medion MD-9470 Wireless Optical Mouse. I installed Vista, and wouldn't you know.. everything works perfectly EXCEPT the friggin mouse! It just doesn't even recognize that I plugged it in (it's USB). So I've given up for the night. I was hoping, MAYBE, somebody here would be willing to help a guy out. I know it's off topic, but this is just about the best "tech" forum I've talked in. You guys are great, and I'm sure you can help me out. I gotta run to bed, hopefully the mods won't erase this message so I can at least get people to say they're stuck too. :) Thanks a bunch!

Well in general a mouse is a mouse. So IF it was seeing it in the device manager as a yellow question mark, you could right click it and upgrade the drivers by manually selecting some driver for a mouse that is close to what you are using. Mice are pretty generic interfaces these days unless it has fancy extra buttons and such. If you don't even see it as unrecognized in the Device Manager...well then something else is up. Usually the case is that it IS seeing it, but just as the wrong thing. So you'd need to find it, click it to uninstall the device and then manually install it. Then again, none of that may work :)

Yeah my problem is that it doesn't see it. Its crazy too, because my BIOS sees it. When I turn the computer on, my little cordless charger light comes on showing green, and flickers when I move the mouse around. Then when Windows is loading up on the "logo" screen, it goes out and doesn't flicker anymore. Next thing I know, I'm at the login screen with no mouse. When I go into the Device Manager, it doesn't even have a "Mouse" section. The only yellow question mark is from my old (never used anymore I guess) 56k modem. I just don't understand why it doesn't even want to recognize it as a generic mouse, which would be fine until I had some money, even though the BIOS does. Go figure! I'd still like some drivers, even if they're beta, if anybody can find them.

Yeah my problem is that it doesn't see it. Its crazy too, because my BIOS sees it. When I turn the computer on, my little cordless charger light comes on showing green, and flickers when I move the mouse around. Then when Windows is loading up on the "logo" screen, it goes out and doesn't flicker anymore. Next thing I know, I'm at the login screen with no mouse. When I go into the Device Manager, it doesn't even have a "Mouse" section. The only yellow question mark is from my old (never used anymore I guess) 56k modem. I just don't understand why it doesn't even want to recognize it as a generic mouse, which would be fine until I had some money, even though the BIOS does. Go figure! I'd still like some drivers, even if they're beta, if anybody can find them.

Have you tried contacting the manufactor to see if they will have them available?

I've had that issue before and it's weird alright. Have you tried different USB ports? Sometimes it will re-recognize it if it's coming from a different hardware address. Your other alternative is to use a USB to serial adapter. I know that is NOT the optimal solution, but it'll work!

I've had that issue before and it's weird alright. Have you tried different USB ports? Sometimes it will re-recognize it if it's coming from a different hardware address. Your other alternative is to use a USB to serial adapter. I know that is NOT the optimal solution, but it'll work!

The man is a God I swear! I never even thought of that. I tried moving the plug do a different jack, and wouldn't you know it works?! That's so retarded. Anyway, I got it to work now. Thanks for the idea! Now all I gotta do is figure out why my Vista Media Center keeps crashing. It used to do it all the time with XP Media Center too until I fixed it, but I don't remember what I did to make it work! UGH! There goes my weekend...