All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Creating an ULTRAdmd

Hello guys, I've seen (I think) Mike and Scutters have contributed in creating some flexdmd/ultradmd stuff over the years for vpx tables. I have one table I'd like to implement an ultradmd because the pup pack in it gives me problems. The table is Labyrinth and I think there's no dmd or ultradmd for it. How hard is to make one for this table? Maybe you can create one? :)

Anyway I'd like to experiment and see if I can manage to make a mix with topper videos, fix background and ultradmd bar, can you give me links or guide to create an ultradmd and add script in the table? Thanks

I don't have that table so not sure what rom it uses.

Assuming it's a reskin of a rom table using segment scoring then have a look at this thread - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=47807&hl= if you want to do a custom flexdmd (easiest if you can find a table in there that uses the same rom/system type as the mapping to convert the lit segment combinations to characters will be the same)...   or you could just enable the default freezy external dmd in vpinmame for that rom (can also be done in table script if you also run the original version of the table with the same rom), probably not as pretty but it'll work.

Might be worth asking in that thread on vpforums with a link to the table you're using if you get stuck going down the custom route - if you're lucky @endeemillr might see it and help out before i get chance to.

https://virtual-pinball-spreadsheet.web.app/game/iNCMlR5mWl/

it uses skateball rom

I'd like to add an ultradmd, it's usually a folder you put in tables like "tablename.ULTRAdmd"

There is a table that uses it, like stranger thing (without pup pack) or Twin Peaks. I need to check the script of this table to see how's done.

The default freezy for labyrinth is vintage standard led type with just score and credit and balls, so pretty useless.

18 hours ago, Pinballgab said:

The default freezy for labyrinth is vintage standard led type with just score and credit and balls, so pretty useless.

That's all that most of the segment to flex dmd display conversions show ;), just with a more custom font and colour.

I think you're looking for a fully animated flex dmd.

18 hours ago, Pinballgab said:

There is a table that uses it, like stranger thing (without pup pack) or Twin Peaks. I need to check the script of this table to see how's done.

Those tables are originals, labyrinth is a reskin of a rom based table. The difference is that for original tables the table script controls the table and what is displayed and when, for rom based tables the rom is in control so you can only respond to rom events (switch hits, lamp on/off changes etc) as well as the whatever the segment display is showing etc, this makes adding a flex dmd with animations more complex for rom tables (still possible, but may be easier with alhanumeric displays as you can respond to text displayed in game as well for game status clues which isn't an option with a numeric only segment display).

Hope that makes sense.