All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Correct way to setup VPX tables and flexdmd with Pinballx

Guys,

I have now 100+ working VPX tables with their roms, all tested and selected to run in my cab with Pinballx. I didn't use baller installer, manually put all the latest files required and registered everything. So far tables are running and launch inside Pinballx.

What I do :

- Usually I launch vpx table, click F1 to choose flexdmd on/off (always set show dmd off), then move and resize dmd to my backglass, right click save for rom

Is this enough to register table for Pinballx, I only need to save table when I change script right?

At the moment I don't use pup videos but I'd like some for original tables, I've tried goonies, I can hear audio but no video playing...

Elvira and the Party Monsters

With this table i have a problem : no matter if i set flexdmd off or show, the visual dmd is always behind (already set true in device dmd.ini for dmd to show at top of other windows).

4 hours ago, Pinballgab said:

click F1 to choose flexdmd on/off (always set show dmd off)

If you run vpinmame\setup.exe -> Setup Defaults you can set show dmd off as the default (for any new roms)

then move and resize dmd to my backglass, right click save for rom

Probably worth doing a 'save position globally' when you right click to get a default position set for the 9 out of 10 128x32 dmd's. Then you'd just need to adjust for the 192x64 sega roms etc.

Is this enough to register table for Pinballx,

Yes, get the game running and configured how you want then add to PinballX and add / record media then.

I only need to save table when I change script right?

Also save if you change anything in sound or image manager etc (most edits are in script, but occasionally you may need to move sound playback location from playfield to backglass or change a image in the table file)

At the moment I don't use pup videos but I'd like some for original tables, I've tried goonies, I can hear audio but no video playing...

Did you install pinup player? (see https://nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide#installing_pinup_player_step_one)

Elvira and the Party Monsters

With this table i have a problem : no matter if i set flexdmd off or show, the visual dmd is always behind (already set true in device dmd.ini for dmd to show at top of other windows).

Behind the backglass? In the old days you'd right click the backglass and select bring forms -> form to back (i'd still do it this way), or the new way is to 'punch' a hole in the backglass with a tool included in more recent B2S backglass server releases (see https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/wiki/B2SWindowPunch)

Thanks for all details, yeah I could try the hole system, even if I'm obsessed with table replicas so for old/vintage tables I'll keep the original led style.

Yeah pinup player is ok, i have the folder on desktop. Goonies pup pack is "TheGoonies" but I see table generates "goonies" folder, it's the same?

Anyway i'm not using videos for the moment...

1 hour ago, Pinballgab said:

Goonies pup pack is "TheGoonies" but I see table generates "goonies" folder, it's the same?

The folder it generates is the folder name it's looking for. Copy the contents of 'thegoonies' to 'goonies'.

• Thanks 1