All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] GameEx 18.59 Not Showing

Phantom

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

I have to kill the process. I don't have Esc set to exit GameEx

Note: I Just enabled the Esc key and it made no difference

Thanks for testing the ESC. 

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I just decided to update to 18.65 and this problem still persists. GameEX only works for me up to 18.56. 

I know its been a while but did anything change from 18.56 to 18.57 that would cause GameEx to not load?

Tom will need to answer but I am not able to replicate even with the latest. 

Did you provide Tom with a copy of your theme as he requested?

Also, can you please attach updated copies for the latest version of your gameex.ini and log.txt files? Thanks!

Hi,

So I just tried something else. I removed my GameEx.ini and started GameEx 18.65 so it created a fresh config and it worked!

So there is something in my ini that is causing the problem. I’ll go through it when I get a chance and remove things one at a time until I find the issue and report back so @Tom Speirs can see how that effects the new version when he can.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Phantom said:

So I just tried something else. I removed my GameEx.ini and started GameEx 18.65 so it created a fresh config and it worked!

Awesome approach and thanks for letting us know. This would explain why we have not been able to replicate the issue from our side. I look forward to further findings. Perhaps something did not get added correctly to the gameex.ini when the upgrade from 18.56 occurred originally and carried forward all along.

Ok so I played around with the GameEx.ini file and in the end it didn't really have any effect. But I did find that disabling CUSTOM MENUS is what actually works. 

Before disabling CUSTOM MENUS I tried differtent Themes and the only one that worked was DEFAULT - GAMELAUNCHER, all the others do the same Black Screen. But when I Disable CUSTOM MENUS all themes work.

I don't know the connection but maybe something changed when 18.57 was created.

CustomMenu.ini

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

Just updated to 18.75 and this problem still persists. If I disable Custom Menus I see GameEx but if Custom Menus is enabled I get a black screen… 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 hours ago, Phantom said:

Hi, 

Just updated to 18.75 and this problem still persists. If I disable Custom Menus I see GameEx but if Custom Menus is enabled I get a black screen… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you please attach copies of your latest gameex.ini and log.txt (right after black screen with Custom Menus enabled) files please. Thanks.