All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Share media files between two systems

Dacstyle

Hello Friends, I have a question:

In my setup, I have the TABLES folder with tables for the cabinet and a VR folder with tables for VR.
I've created 2 systems, one for PinballX and another for VR. Everything works perfectly.
I'm going to record all the videos for the PinballX system and when I'm done, I would like to use those same files for the VR system, since the tables are the same, it wouldn't make sense to record all the videos again for the tables in the VR folder which, on the other hand, do not have the correct POV, since it's not necessary for VR, therefore the videos would look bad.

Is there any way I can use the cabinet videos so that they also appear in the VR table list?

You can use a symbolic link from the vr directory to the normal pinballx.

Yiu can do it for the complete media folder, but also for a specifik sub directory.

Create a directory symbolic link:

mklink /D "<source>" "<target>"

Target should be a non existing directory, so it creates the symbolic link directory with that name

Hope it helps (btw, i just create a screen shot from the room and try to do that on the same spot. See my created tables posts with screenshot)

For example:VirtualDesktop.Android-20231206-060358.thumb.jpg.5c1cc49f68007ccdd61218d549728498.jpg

I have some space on top and botom part to show @scutters statistics plugin

• Like 1