All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] New PC, need help with HotRodSE config

Apothecon

My old PC that ran my arcade finally died.  I built a new PC and pre installed everything on it while at a desk before moving it to the Arcade cabinet. (everything seemed to be running fine while at the desk)  Once in the cabinet with the HotRodSE connected GameEX got buggy.  GameEX will start and login, roller ball or keyboard will scroll thru menu and games, to select game keyboard wont work, controller will.  Launch game fails.  I went into the MAME folder and created a configuration set, added hotrodse to the core input options ctrlr line.  I am not sure what I am missing, Changes in the GameEX setup or somewhere in the MAME config. 

New system is Windows 10PRO  old system was windows 10

I would appreciate any input on how to get her back up and running. 

Thank you 

John 

Sorry you experienced the failure of your PC. In order for us to start assistance, please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review.

Thank you, but I have resolved the issue.  I was able to correct some settings in GameEX that allowed me to launch games.  I also launched games direct from the MAME menu, and my HotRod controller was not registering in MAME or GameEX.  I knew I needed a computer with PS2 ports, so I put a PCI 2 port PS2 card in the new computer.  That card worked fine on the test bench all PS2 keyboard and mouse functions were 100%.  However, the PCI PS2 card and HotRod controller would not work together.  I pulled the card, used an active USB to PS2 converter dongle and the Hot Rod instantly began working.   I am working thru finalizing everything today and hopefully I can resolve all issues.  

Thank you and Tom for such a great application and for the support.  If I have anything else I cant figure out, I will check back in. 

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] New PC, need help with HotRodSE config