All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx process won’t close

Phantom

I know this was addressed in a previous update but it wasn’t fixed for me after updating.

when I exit GameEx the process stays running until I kill it in the task manager.

This has been happening for months but I just got used to killing it manually.

Hi,

Ya I've tried it with and without Admin credentials and it still does it. I'm going to have to put my issues on hold because I have to go away for awhile. Thanks for your help Draco. I'll boot up again soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Booted up my system and did the latest GameEx update and the issue of the process not closing is still there. Not sure if it was fixed in that update but I still have to kill it in Task Manager. 

Hi Tom,

so I tried disabling Background Artwork downloading but the issue persisted. I don’t use GameEx online.

I then decided to turn off the Marquee Masher plug-in and THAT seems to be the issue. I’ve exited GameEX a few times with Marquee Masher disabled and the process closes fine. So I guess this is a Marquee Masher issue. 

Any Thoughts? 
Thanks

On 2/5/2023 at 2:46 PM, Phantom said:

Hi Tom,

so I tried disabling Background Artwork downloading but the issue persisted. I don’t use GameEx online.

I then decided to turn off the Marquee Masher plug-in and THAT seems to be the issue. I’ve exited GameEX a few times with Marquee Masher disabled and the process closes fine. So I guess this is a Marquee Masher issue. 

Any Thoughts? 
Thanks

Whoops. Soz.

These bloody hobby coders and their shoddy crap....

Sorry now I don't know which thread to post this in so I'll use the first one I started...

I installed the INFOZ plugin and started to set it up but I noticed that just with this plugin enabled (Marquee Masher is disabled)

The GameEx process stays open after exiting. So Could it be that GameEx isn't closing its plugins? Is it an actual plugin problem? (Sorry Stigzler 🤪)

log.txt

I would post it in the Infoz thread first and provide any requested log files, etc. @stigzler will then be able to triage his code and reach out to @Tom Speirs if he finds any issues with the plug-in module proper.

I run other plugins such as LEDBlinky that do not cause an issue with closing GameEx. That is not to say there isn't an issue with the plug-in module, but it may be something in the code for both plug-ins that is not meeting spec with recent changes.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:14 PM, stigzler said:

Hey phantom. Download some other plugins. Enable them one by one and see if you have the same issue.

Hi,

This should probably be posted in the Marquee Masher thread but I'm posting here for the continuity I guess...

I tried a few other plugins and the GameEx process closes fine. I'll try a few more.

I also removed all plugins and started with a fresh install of Marquee Masher with no systems and it still does the same thing.

I noticed as I was enabling Plugins that the Marquee Masher icon was showing up in the notification area of the task bar as if it were loaded but it wasn't enabled. It shows up for every plugin I used.... are there some wires crossed somewhere?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 10.59.59.png

Ya the icons always show up with Marquee Masher and disappear once "touched" I just found it weird they show up even if MM isn't enabled.

I'll survive with the way it runs. I don't have the energy now to set up InfoZ right now and Marquee Masher is great and does what I Need. If the GameEx Process not closing gets fixed some day then great, if not I'm ok with the extra step of exiting it.

Thanks for all the great work guys. Really Appreciate it all