All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Happy New Year 2023!

Draco1962

Yeah, I went in to work today.  Found out the person I was supposed to close with called off because she was going to a party (which was approved because she was the only one that called off).  So I ended up working all night, by myself.  Not only a "holiday" evening, but also a "big" football day, with our local college team in a bowl game.  The store manager, of course, demanded we stay open, and have fresh chickens, 8pc, and wings available all night.  It's all about the money, they don't care about the work involved.  And rather than try to help, call somebody in, etc, they just said "deal with it" or "sucks to be you" and left me to the wolves.  Busy night, the store was packed.  Lines of people wanting their corned beef (new years) and fried chicken, party trays, blah blah blah.  I'm exhausted.  So yeah, enjoy your New Year's parties.  Enjoy your hanging out with friends and/or family, and don't forget about your junk food and ignore the fact that there's just one guy working.  But make sure to share your frustration with the one guy that IS there.. rather than call the corporate office and complain about the greed of the CEO giving himself a 6-figure raise while cutting hours and staff in the stores.

But anyway, I will say I'm glad this year is over (except in the business world we're just about start the 13th month of the fiscal year).  Hope you all, and me, have a better year next year.

Wishing a restful start to 2023. I've worked the crap shifts and dealt with the unforgivable management and MIA coworkers, entitled customers, and exhaustion. 

I am hopeful that big positive changes are on the way this year. I can certainly use them myself!