All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] gameex dont see my game wii u rpx

decadave972

Not sure if this is the solution but you will likely need to download the  Wii U database from here: 

Then you will go to Emulator Setup to map the Database Snap path (location where you store your database for GameEx Arcade) use the database and enable Use database names - all within the Setup Wizard. 

image.png

hi ! sorry but i dont find this option in gameex !

can you say me where i can find it , please !

i have 11 emulator , and its this only wii u emulator which dont function !?

i dont understand nothing ! you think can you find a solution with me  ???

Anyway, thank you for your valuable help! see you soon maybe !

i hope .....

gameex emu.jpg

the extension that shows for your Wii U files are ".rpx"

but i trying download one game in "wud" format , for trying another thing for see !!!

do you know what extension , i must choose for launch in cemu emulator and gameex "roms filter"

thanks for advance Draco.......

re: i download a game "wud" format for cemu emulator , but It's necessary extract him ,

for ultimately obtain a ".rpx" file ! so its not a problem of format file !?

the problem comes from elsewhere , but i dont know where !?

i continued search !!!

if you find something , say me please ......

thanks a lot .......

Just now, decadave972 said:

re: i download a game "wud" format for cemu emulator , but It's necessary extract him ,

for ultimately obtain a ".rpx" file ! so its not a problem of format file !?

the problem comes from elsewhere , but i dont know where !?

i continued search !!!

if you find something , say me please ......

thanks a lot .......

i trying launch a meta file in ".xml" in gameex but dont works !

You have to use .rpx files for cemu. How you obtain them I cannot help with but, if you do not have them in your roms path, then that could be the problem.

Were you able to launch and play a game on Cemu outside of GameEx Arcade? If not, figure that out first.

• 3 weeks later...

@decadave972 Please do not PM forum members for troubleshooting help unless they ask you to. GameEx has always been about forum members helping others voluntarily. Sometimes forum help slows down during the holidays as well. You may have to be patient and occasionally nudge posts. Personally I have been away from the GameEx scene for a while due to 'real life' stuff, but I don't mind lending a hand if I have time. Either someone else or I will likely continue to help sort out your situation.

I am not familiar with Cemu or WiiU emulation, but I did a bit of searching today to help give you some direction.

Before talking about rpx files, I should mention that from what I have read, Cemu does support wux and wud files. You may want to test that out within Cemu in case you can use that format. I believe the configuration in GameEx for wux/wud will be very easy while rpx is more difficult...and mixing the two would even more difficult (or impossible).

If you want to move forward with troubleshooting the rpx setup, please do the following:

• Try running a WiiU game using GameEx and let it fail.
  • Exit and close GameEx
  • Post the log.txt file. Hopefully it captured something useful.
  • Post the gameex.ini file

I know that you have posted these files before, but these updated examples will tell us what is happening now as you may have made changes to your setup since you posted them last.

Next, my understanding is that the directory structure for WiiU games using rpx is quite different from other games. There is a 'code' directory where the rpx file resides, I take it? Please provide a directory path to the rpx file of the WiiU game you attempted to run for the log file. For example, C:\Roms\WiiU\BreathOfTheWild\code\filename.rpx.

Also, if you look at other games using rpx, is the rpx file name always the same or is it sometimes different?

Thanks.

A member of the forum named "stigzler" helped me understand and solve my problem, 
you just have to edit the emulator's map file in the gameex\data folder, 
and locate the emulator number in setupwizard (configuration of the emulator) 
then in the ".map" file in question you rename the original name ".rpx" by the possible name of the wii u game! 
everything happens in the numbered map file of the wii u emulator!!! here are some screens! 
Use notepad++ for more facility to doing these change in file ".map"

Thanks to him , too strong the guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gameex wii u 1.jpg

gameex wii u 2.jpg

gameex wii u 3.jpg

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] gameex dont see my game wii u rpx
  • Draco1962 locked this topic