All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Resolved] Missing Audio in PBX

MrGrynch

Original problem description

Update 09/07/22

Serendipity has struck.  I have been having issues with sound disappearing within PBX, but not in the tables.  The PBX log and ini are fine.  I wasn't seeing any error events in Event Viewer.  This morning, the problem happened again.  I was able to finally confirm that PBX wasn't trying to initialize a different audio source.  On a whim, I also decided to run Event Viewer with admin permission, and voila!  I see the error that coincides with the problem.  See attached image.  While this doesn't answer why the frontend seems to be the only thing affected, it does open up some new avenues for troubleshooting

IMG_1958.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

A typical vendor question:

Are the drivers/firmware/et up too date ?

It is hard to find a root cause based on eventlog.

Is there a (mini) dump created as well ? If so, try to get some info out

The cmedia file referenced is definitely from my recently installed USB sound device.  The date on the driver is quite old.  I'm going to try a few things to see if Windows has better drivers than the OEM.

• Like 1

Well, I think I can call this one resolved!  I only installed the driver that came with the card because I couldn't find another way to test the surround speakers in my SSF.  That's where the really old .dll came from (2015).  I removed the drivers and let Windows install its own (2019).  This worked but I was back to not having a way to test/configure the surround speakers.  I decided to check the control panel, and I saw the USB Audio device.  I checked the menu and was able to find a configuration screen!  I then tested with PinVol, EqAPO, Thump and its all working.  More importantly, the PBX problem is gone!

• Like 1

• MrGrynch changed the title to [Resolved] Missing Audio in PBX
5 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Are you 100% sure that your issue is solved ?)

Not 100% sure of anything, but... I'm more than 100 starts/exits of PBX without a recurrence.  Previously I could get it to happen every 30 starts/exits or so

• Like 1