All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Arcade v18.11 game load reboot

funkydmunky

I have an issue when I add the "-ctrlr X-Arcade" to the controller under Advanced Mame Settings. The issue is before added every thing works fine but as soon as it is added launching a game will stall and loop back to the same Play This Game screen.

Before I had discovered it was the "-ctrlr X-Arcade" I had tried all kinds of versions of Mame desperate to find out what was wrong. Mame always worked outside of GameEx in my troubleshooting. Today I redid everything and forgot to add the "-ctrlr X-Arcade" in my testing and it worked. Thinking I had fixed the issue I setup the X-Arcade stick with -ctrlr X-Arcade and the Play This Game screen loops. But the controller works fine. I remove -ctrlr X-Arcade and everything works except now I have no controller obviously.

I am dumbfounded as how this issue can exist but it does for me. I have repeatedly added and removed -ctrlr X-Arcade with the same repeatable result.

I have a Tankstick and it appears to be working fine.  Following is my "command line" in the MAME Options:

-nowindow -video d3d -noswitchres -triplebuffer -skip_gameinfo -ctrlr x-arcade

A few things to try/look for:

- Have you tried changing the case to all lower case? Not sure that it matters, but worth a shot.

- Also, make sure that you still have the x-arcade.cfg file in your MAME ctrlr path

https://support.xgaming.com/support/solutions/articles/12000003052-configuring-mame-for-x-arcade-use-the-easy-way

Hi Draco1062. Thanks for your help. The X-Arcade works fine. It is just when I add the "-ctrlr x-arcade" to the line GameEx won't load the game. It launch loops.  If I remove it it loads fine. But the of course I have no controller support. I have to reiterate GameEx and X-Arcade work perfectly fine until I launch a game.

At this point I will re-do Windows and try again from scratch. I think too many attempts at this might have borked the system as far as GameEx goes. I used to run this cab fine (with some help) but now it has been 4+ months of on and off of just one more go.

I will report back as soon as possible with the results.

Have you checked to confirm that the mame.ini file also reflects X-Arcade next to crtlr in the CORE INPUT OPTIONS?

# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     X-Arcade
mouse                      1
joystick                     1

Hi Draco1962. Thanks for the input.

I didn't have a MAME.ini file. It must have been wiped long ago. Didn't know I needed one and don't recall these difficulties in the past.

I read up and figured out how to create a MAME.ini and now have one. I don't see the # CORE INPUT OPTIONS. I do see a # CORE OUTPUT OPTIONS. Is it that?

You will need a CORE INPUT Options section of the ini for it to know what crtrlr file to access. Unfortunately I am away on vacation so you'll need to find another way to source that detail.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] GameEx Arcade v18.11 game load reboot