All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mugen for gameex? setup?

slipstream19

Hi guys.

For all you fighting fans, mugen roxx!!!! Mugen is a 2D fighting engine where people make their own characters n stuff. It has existed since late 90íes and now almoast all fighting game character you can think of, and most cartoon and other agme caracters exist.

This in 1 single game!.

So we are talking about a 2D fightinggame with over 300 different characters from streetfighter, mortalkombat, to sonic, alien vs predator and super mario bros!

this is so awsome, . just found out about it, DL it , played it!!!!! :)

WELL.

My really point here is how to get the .exe file running from gameex.

1 Can i setup mugen as an "emulator" or as a "PC game"?

2 How do i setup this thing? (i just need gameex to somehow show the "winmugen" exe file and be able to escape out from mugen using the button config for the controller? or do i have to use joytokey or is there any patch for mugen via gameex?

well, anyways. its very awsome. eaven if i cant run it trough gameex (wich i hope i can)

peace out.

I totally agree. I have listed my setup for gameex below.

I have multiple versions of Mugen running on my machine. I have a Mortal Kombat Remix, a Street Fighter Remix, Capcom vs Everyone Remix and so on. But this is the default for Mugen.

[Emulator_14]

Enabled=True

DumbyValue=

STARTPAGENAME=Mugen

TITLETEXT=Mugen

StartPageLogo=emus

ROMFilter=*.exe

RomsInFolders=False

RomPath=G:\Emulators\MUGEN

SnapPath=G:\Emulators\MUGEN\snaps

TitlePath=G:\Emulators\MUGEN\snaps

BoxPath=

CartPath=

WorkingPath=G:\Emulators\MUGEN\

MapKeys=False

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=

ReplaceUnder=

Capitals=

RemoveBrackets=

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=winmugen.exe

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=True

DATABASE=

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=False

Could somebody explain to me how to set MUGEN up? I downloaded a torrent from a site but have no idea where to start.

It all depends on what you dl'ed. Did you dl a pre made game or just chars and such?

SOMEONE READ MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just looked into MUGEN when I saw the Spiderman vs Carnage video on YouTube, and I HAD to have it.

So far, it's pretty sweet, but every website I go to find characters is long since 404'd.

Does anybody have the Venom and Carnage models from the YouTube videos?

We could get somebody with mad programming skills to write up a quick little app that goes and builds the configs automatically... I wonder why nobody's done this yet? I did a little bit of snooping around, and I think I get the gist of it. It looks like you just gotta put the things in their respective folders, edit the config file and type out the "path/filename" of everything your including. Just write a program that pulls the file list, and adds the lines to the config for you. Shouldn't be that hard.....

We could get somebody with mad programming skills to write up a quick little app that goes and builds the configs automatically... I wonder why nobody's done this yet? I did a little bit of snooping around, and I think I get the gist of it. It looks like you just gotta put the things in their respective folders, edit the config file and type out the "path/filename" of everything your including. Just write a program that pulls the file list, and adds the lines to the config for you. Shouldn't be that hard.....

There are easy config files out for mugen. I don't remember the name off hand.

If you look at my screenshot I posted, the rar file called "0- Complete Games -0.rar" contains 13 full games, totally taking up 2gb while still compressed. These are nice, but I'd like to tackle building "the ultimate..." you know?

If you look at my screenshot I posted, the rar file called "0- Complete Games -0.rar" contains 13 full games, totally taking up 2gb while still compressed. These are nice, but I'd like to tackle building "the ultimate..." you know?

So do you want to combine the Mega Pack 1 and Mega Pack 2 from "UG", and still add more files to make one massively complete MUGEN system???? :blink:

... Let me know if you want some help. It sounds rad! B)

So do you want to combine the Mega Pack 1 and Mega Pack 2 from "UG", and still add more files to make one massively complete MUGEN system???? :blink:

... Let me know if you want some help. It sounds rad! B)

Yeah I think that would be awesome. Now that I've got a job, and Christmas is coming soon, I should be able to get myself a nice big empty hard drive for it. I'm also planning on getting a boat load of more songs for Stepmania, and getting all my Sega CD games loaded onto the drive. Shouldn't be to much work once I get the drive.

All in all though, you're right on the money. I love fighting games, and when i saw those torrents I just had to investigate. Some of those videos people made on YouTube are sick! I just gotta have it. :)

All in all though, you're right on the money. I love fighting games, and when i saw those torrents I just had to investigate. Some of those videos people made on YouTube are sick! I just gotta have it. :)

I hear that! Fighters rock! If you need help with anything, I can try to give you a hand.

Can you do me a favor? If you ever find the Carnage model from the Spiderman vs Carnage YouTube video, PLEASE let me know!

I think I just need a basic walkthrough, or simple setup wizard to get things going. I know it's just like everything I start that's new; once you DO it, and the more you do, the easier it gets and then you wonder why it was so hard in the first place. That's how new jobs are, just like setting up GameEx for the first time. You have no clue where to begin, but once you start to figure it out, you can do it in your sleep. :)

i really suck at computers and bearly got everything running in gammeex. But mugen isnt that complicated.

the select.def file in the "data" folder, is where you input your characters and stages

then you put characters in "char" folder and stages in "stages"

then mugen.cfg to adjust video, controller exetra

Search mugen +help , mugen+screenpack setup in google.

thx for the gameex setup peace!

This emulator is friggin GREAT! I love it! I used the default config someone posted here, but I wanted to add that I found a minor tweak you might want to try. :)

[Emulator_??]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=M.U.G.E.N.

TITLETEXT=M.U.G.E.N.

StartPageLogo=emus

ROMFilter=*.exe

RomsInFolders=False

RomPath=C:\Emulators\MUGEN

SnapPath=M:\Emulator Data\MUGEN\snaps

TitlePath=M:\Emulator Data\MUGEN\titles

BoxPath=

CartPath=

WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\MUGEN\

MapKeys=False

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=

ReplaceUnder=

Capitals=

RemoveBrackets=

ShowDesktop=False If you have MUGEN configured properly you can hide the desktop.

Debug=

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=winmugen.exe

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=True This is a nice feature to keep from confusing people. :)

DATABASE=

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=False

PS - Han, that's a nasty looking torrent. :( I found one that was about 2 gigs and was really easy to set up. Took me better part of the day to tweak it though. You might want to look for an 'Ultimate' one instead.

PS - Han, that's a nasty looking torrent. :( I found one that was about 2 gigs and was really easy to set up. Took me better part of the day to tweak it though. You might want to look for an 'Ultimate' one instead.

What about the "legend edition"? Is that easy to set up?

What does PCGame=True actually do?

PCGame=True skips the selection screen when you select the emulator.

In this case, it goes to the Start Game/Add To Favorites screen and launches winmugen.exe straight away instead of listing the mugen exe's in the root folder, like winmugen_debug.exe

Just takes out the guesswork for people who don't know what to select. :)

The torrent of which you speak looks very complete! Mine came with 300 or so characters but I see that one carries over 800. I can't say for sure that's pre-configured without actually downloading it... Seems to be an .iso? Not sure what that's about - perhaps a DVD?

mugenuw3.jpg

Almost done adding chars to the screen pack. I dl a torrent called "Everything Vs Everything". It had alot of double and tripple chars in the selection screen. I took all those out and started fresh. Only have 26 more unique chars to go. Thats alot of chars to choose from.

Amen! I was using that theme too, but what I did was start using Kamek's M.U.G.E.N. Version 4 theme instead. There's 312 spaces for different chars and I've filled all but the bottom two rows of 14. I also modified some Street Fighter Alpha life meters from the DOS version of MUGEN for the theme, and I have over 100 stages set up and ready to roll.

This thing is gonna consume me. I can feel it already. :)

PCGame=True skips the selection screen when you select the emulator.

In this case, it goes to the Start Game/Add To Favorites screen and launches winmugen.exe straight away instead of listing the mugen exe's in the root folder, like winmugen_debug.exe

Just takes out the guesswork for people who don't know what to select. :)

The torrent of which you speak looks very complete! Mine came with 300 or so characters but I see that one carries over 800. I can't say for sure that's pre-configured without actually downloading it... Seems to be an .iso? Not sure what that's about - perhaps a DVD?

Actually, using the torrent I have downloaded, I extracted all the "complete Games" to their own folders. The DOS games I can't get to work, but the Windowz versions work great. I copied the shortcuts to a /mugen/shortcuts folder and told GameEx to look for the *.lnk files. Properly named of course.. ;) Then when I get my own Mugen running, I'll have it at the top of the list by making the shortcut something like ".M.U.G.E.N." so the first period would put it at the top.

I really like watching the street fighter complete game. Especially Dragonclaw. That guy is fucking sweet! (pardon me francais!)

Yeah, everybody's all getting into building arcade cabs and stuff. Those of us here who pretty much have the setup process and everything going, we got the time to spend on stuff like this. Mugen is totally awesome, I just wish I knew about it sooner! :)

Is anyone willing to upload a MUGEN pack pre-configured for use with GameEx with a good bunch of levels and characters? Not sure if we should even be talking about this because the characters are probably copyright artwork or something. It's a grey area, but I will allow it because there are no ROMs (that is unless Tom decides otherwise).