All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Single Button Press Causes PinballX Wheel To Spin As If Button Is Being Pressed Multiple Times (Solved)

lm_shaker

All; 

I recently had a problem that (embarrassingly) took me 2 days to solve.  To save someone else from wasting their time:  I figured that I would post what I found.

My Virtual Pinball Cabinet uses a PinScape/KL25Z Controller.  Which emulates a game controller, rather than a keyboard. 

It was working fine for months, then all of a sudden: A single button press would cause the PinballX Wheel to spin as if the button was being pressed multiple times very quickly. 

The cause was that 2 buttons were being pressed at the same time. I have a locking button inside the coin door that I press to simulate "coin door open". (switch open = coin door closed. switch closed = coin door open.) I had left this button in the wrong position after changing a VPX Table's Operator Settings.

Simply opening the switch solved my problem. 

If you want to re-create the issue for fun: In the PinballX Table Selection Wheel: Hold down your insert coin button and press a flipper button.  

If your reaction to this post was "Well, duh!": Please feel free to flame me in a reply.

- Mark 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1