All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Questions about GameEx Arcade Edition - demo limitations and license

emphatic

Hi!

I have mostly been using non-computer games (consoles, pcbs) in my cabinets for many years now. But right now I feel like playing some Steam games, and other PC games too, so I need a frontend, I guess. I really used to love GameEx back in the day, so here I am, once again. :) Since the info on the site doesn't describe the limitations of the demo version I have downloaded and tried tonight, to my satisfaction, I need to ask some questions.

1. Is this a subscription only license now?

2. If so, will the demo become more crippled if I keep using that without buying a license? The "GameEx unregistered version" overlay is ugly, but not as ugly as using a mouse.

3. Doesn't the demo support themes? I guess not, since there's no theme editor included like before, but I'm not sure if I've missed something, somehow.

Welcome back!

You should be able to use your registry key from when you first registered GameEx (works for Arcade Edition as well). Any issues finding or acquiring a new one please PM @Tom Speirs.

Arcade Edition does not display the same as GameEx, so no Theme Editor. You can still use "themes" as such. I have created a couple in the downloads for use with "AE" with instructions.

I hope that addresses your questions regarding.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Questions about GameEx Arcade Edition - demo limitations and license