All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Blank screen at PinballX v5.19 startup

nwwoods

Just getting started with PinballX.  I have several games working correctly in a Visual Pinball cabinet setup.

Installed PinballX per instructions, went through Settings utility to get monitors setup correctly.  When I launch PinballX, I can see the playfield, backglass and DMD screens load correctly.  I see the PinballX logo in the center of the main display, followed by the sample game logo (Stern Big Game), and then it goes blank.   I can hear a sound when I press L or R arrow keys, and a different sound when pressing ESC, but I have to Alt/F4 the app to terminate.  

Also note on startup, I briefly see a backglass image for the alphabetically-first of my Visual Pinball games on the backglass monitor.  Surprised to see this as I have not added any of them with Game Manager, just trying to run with the sample data.

Log seems to indicate it's stuck in a loop  initializing the windows, so I am guessing there is something about the displays I don't have set right, but no idea what.  Attaching config and log files per support guidance.  There is no error log file.  Note the "DMD" is just another small monitor on this particular system.  Graphics is Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti, which supports 3 monitors.  Main is 1, DMD is 2, backglass is 3, and settings are set to match (see the .ini).

I have reviewed the documentation and searched the forum for similar issues but unable to find any, so requesting help accordingly.

log.txt PinballX.ini

• nwwoods changed the title to Blank screen at PinballX v5.19 startup

I used your ini file on my test desktop (only changed the path of  visual pinball to my VP directory and exe file) , but all working fine for me.
If you remove the sample VPX file and add a real one (with just some entries), do you have the same results ?
And just add media as well for your playfield, backglass and DMD.  
(with PinballX Databasemanager, you can easily create system files/tables files etc :D ) 

And the installation is done via setup I assume ? Not copied over any files ? 

>  Is there an app stealing focus.

That triggered me to unplug the VirtuaPin interface, and then it came up.  So that's what's stealing focus.  I had wired the coin door switch to be insert-coin (as the actual coin mechanisms have been removed), and that appears to have been a mistake.  Using the VirtuaPin controller app, I can see that input is always on when the coin door is closed.  Oops.

Will  come up with another insert-coin solution.  Thanks!  It also took me a while to realize I had to use L and R arrow rather than U and D to navigate the menu, so can quit normally now.  Appreciate you asking good questions!

Irony of the day: my cabinet is a repurposed Williams Road Kings, one of the samples.

• Like 1

• nwwoods changed the title to [RESOLVED] Blank screen at PinballX v5.19 startup
  • Draco1962 locked this topic