All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Missing settings?

darkdraco

Was checking out the newer versions of gameex and noticed a missing setting.

http://www.gameex.info/wiki/index.php/GameEx:Enable_/_Disable_Features_(Setup_Wizard)#Disable_MAME

Cant seem to find the option to hide Arcade/Genres from the main menu.

Also, how does the "Search Select" work? In the past i could search for a setting and the next page would be the setting i was looking for, now it doesnt seem to work, if i search and select a setting, the next page just cycles through all the settings normally.

thanks in advance!

@darkdracoTo add to Draco's reply, the wiki you are looking at was originally made for the standard GameEx. The Disable MAME function IS available there.

However, the GameEx Arcade version (which is an off-shoot of GameEx) does not have the Disable MAME function. When GameEx Aracde was initially released, it was focused specifically on arcade games. I do not recall if non-MAME emulators could be used at that time. However, GameEx Arcade has evolved since the initial release and has gained many of the same features as the original GameEx.

As Draco commented, you certainly may post a request to add the Disable MAME function to GameEx Arcade. Alternately, you could switch over to the stardard GameEx. Keep in mind that you can have both installed at the same time as long as they are in different directories. Each will need to be configured separately, but they can both use the same art assets, roms, etc.

On 5/31/2021 at 10:26 PM, darkdraco said:

thanks for the replies.

is the configuration search feature working or am i using it wrong?

The configuration search covers GameEx. You are not using it wrong...it just wasn't specifically geared to GameEx Arcade. So, if you try searching for a parameter on the GameEx Wiki and are unable to find a corresponding parameter in the GameEx Arcade Setup Wizard, then the parameter does not exist in GameEx Arcade (unless, of course, Tom Speirs, the dev, has secretly added it 'because he wanted it'...lol...it's his baby, so Tom does get to do what he wants to do...).

So, to disable Mame in GameEx Arcade, find your gameex.ini file in the GameEx\CONFIG folder. Search for 'disablemame' and set it to 'true'. As Tom pointed out, you do need to have the latest GameEx Arcade installed.

10 hours ago, RedDog said:

The configuration search covers GameEx. You are not using it wrong...it just wasn't specifically geared to GameEx Arcade. So, if you try searching for a parameter on the GameEx Wiki and are unable to find a corresponding parameter in the GameEx Arcade Setup Wizard, then the parameter does not exist in GameEx Arcade (unless, of course, Tom Speirs, the dev, has secretly added it 'because he wanted it'...lol...it's his baby, so Tom does get to do what he wants to do...).

So, to disable Mame in GameEx Arcade, find your gameex.ini file in the GameEx\CONFIG folder. Search for 'disablemame' and set it to 'true'. As Tom pointed out, you do need to have the latest GameEx Arcade installed.

thanks! starting to understand the the arcade version a bit better.

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Missing settings?