All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Space Invaders HD theme vs. keeping aspect ratio

smario

This one's not a biggie, but I recently noticed that 16:9 Emumovies video snaps lose their aspect ratio when used within the Space Invaders HD theme. Furthermore, they're not filling up the horizontal space (black bars left and right) Btw. it all looks good with 4:3 videos.

Is there a way to fit a 16:9 video snap into the available space while keeping its aspect ratio?

btw, thanks a lot @Draco1962 for creating this!

spaceinvadershd.png

theme.ini GameEx.ini

Since the video snaps are being constrained within the display element for the theme, there is no way to fix without reworking the theme to accommodate a 16;9 aspect ratio vs 4:3, which was the prevailing format at the time the theme was created.

At this time, I will not be revisting the theme for updates any time in the foreseeable future.

Thanks @Draco1962, no problem. I can always reencode the video snaps as a workaround.

Or I‘ll give it a try and look into the theme editor,  have no experience whatsoever with themes, sounds like fun!

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Space Invaders HD theme vs. keeping aspect ratio