All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Visual Pinball / PinMAME

Adultery

Hi everyone. :)

I just got through downloading a Visual Pinball torrent, which included all the tables that work on it currently. I have also installed both VP and PinMAME. Now I'm ready to play. Just need help setting it up.

I also wanna note that the torrent was zipped. Do I need to extract each table? Where do I put the .vp files? When using recreated tables for PinMAME, what's the right way to place table data? Again, these tables come in one zip file.

Finally, how do I set it up properly in GameEx?

Thanks in advance.

Yay! Adultery has joined the VP menace too. Now we can get some work done maybe! :)

Yes, you have to extract the zips. It's a very stupid way the torrents are made. Each zip has vpt files (the table), some instructions/rules, artwork, etc. Everything must be extracted to its own special folder. The ROMS remain zipped, and go into the ROMs folder. The .vpt files go into Tables. I made a folder called snaps where I put all the screenshots. All .cfg files go into CFG. All .hi files go into HI. All .nv files go into NVRAM. All Samples go into Samples. All .txt files that are scripts go into Scripts. All .vbs files go into Tables. All .vps files go into Tables too.

Then you configure GameEx to use a rom filter of *.vpt.

Working path is the Tables folder.

Command line should be:

..\VPinball.exe -play -"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Advanced Config use Visual Pinball V2

That should get you going. I've given up on the project for right now, since I've been working on getting the rest of my romsets completed. What I was in the process of doing was figuring out a way to do all this without needing to extract the zips. IE; Have GameEx use it's built in 7-zip to extract the package, then tell VP to run the vpt from the "extracted" path. But if there are other required support files like music or graphics, the table won't run. So that idea didn't work. There were too many variables conflicting with the theory. Script files needed to be moved to the right folder, same with CFG's and NV's. And the screenshots don't show up until after you extract the zip, so it was just a lost cause. The way I'm setup right now, everything is extracted into primary files. No zips at all. It's taking up a huge amount of unnecessary space.

My plans on the VP project.. Get a new torrent going. Tables in their own respective zips like a goodmerged set. Since there are multiple versions of tables, they would all match to the zip. Then you have another zip containing the cfgs, and another for nvs, etc. The torrent would be downloaded. You extract all your screens to the screens folder, the cfgs to CFG, nvs to NVRAM, and like the ROMS, you just save the tables in ZIP format in the table folder. GameEx loads up the Table "Addams Family" and shows you all the versions. You pick the one you want, and VP runs it from the extracted folder.

I realize that I've probably just said the same thing over and over again like 3 times. I'm tired and can't really articulate what it is i'm trying to say. I hope you understand... :)

Hi everyone. :)

I just got through downloading a Visual Pinball torrent, which included all the tables that work on it currently. I have also installed both VP and PinMAME. Now I'm ready to play. Just need help setting it up.

I also wanna note that the torrent was zipped. Do I need to extract each table? Where do I put the .vp files? When using recreated tables for PinMAME, what's the right way to place table data? Again, these tables come in one zip file.

Finally, how do I set it up properly in GameEx?

Thanks in advance.

As in all emus get it running before you attemp to run it through GameEx just so you know it works. I can't remember what the file structure looks like when its first installed but my Visual Pinball folder has a folder named Tables. This is where I put all of the .vpt files, vbs files and fonts. I'm not sure if you can run them zipped or not, mine are not but I don't have a full set either. I also have a roms folder in my VP folder which I believe is used by pinmame for the tables that have a BIOS, these can stay zipped. I also have a snap folder for all the snaps. Not very thorough but I hope this helps you get started. Just try a few roms at first to see if you can get it to work, it can be kind of complicated.

Jay T

Just did a quick search for ya Adultery. I knew I had made up a nice working walkthrough. :) Check this link out:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?s=...ost&p=11489

EDIT: I haven't checked the website, but there might be a new version of that install pack. So heads up if that link doesn't work anymore.

hope this helps amos, my working vpinball config for gameex...

[Emulator_9]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Visual Pinball

TITLETEXT=Visual Pinball

StartPageLogo=vpin

ROMFilter=*.vpt

RomsInFolders=False

RomPath=C:\PINBALL\Tables

SnapPath=C:\PINBALL\VPINMAME\snap

WorkingPath=C:\Pinball\Tables

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=False

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=[apppath]\vpauto.exe

Command=..\vpinball -play -"[ROMFILE]"

OLDatZip=

TitlePath=C:\PINBALL\VPINMAME\artwork

BoxPath=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

CartPath=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=;TopSpeed.vpt;;tutorial.vpt;

CustomBackground=Vpinball.png

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

DumbyValue=

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

LastGame=False|9|Agents 777|Agents 777.vpt|Agents 777|Visual Pinball|1

...also here is my future pinball config which i think is better than vp but it's up to you..

[Emulator_10]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Future Pinball

TITLETEXT=Future Pinball

StartPageLogo=fpin

ROMFilter=*.fpt

RomsInFolders=False

RomPath=C:\PINBALL\FUTURE PINBALL\Tables

SnapPath=C:\PINBALL\FUTURE PINBALL\titles

WorkingPath=C:\PINBALL\FUTURE PINBALL\

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=False

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command="Future Pinball.exe" /open "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]" /play /exit

OLDatZip=

TitlePath=C:\PINBALL\FUTURE PINBALL\snaps

BoxPath=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

CartPath=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=;Ramp-VUK-Demo.fpt;

CustomBackground=Fpinball.png

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

DumbyValue=

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

LastGame=False|10|Rolling Stones|Rolling Stones.fpt|Rolling Stones|Future Pinball|3

Okay. So far so good. Now...

When I try to launch Millionaire, I get the score window with the black overdrop. I can hear the sounds but I cannot see the table. Actually, it's always on top so to close the screen I have to drag the Task Manager to my other monitor to close it. Everything is installed correctly because games that don't use PinMAME work great. Any suggestions?

I just found this: (off topic)

http://www.bmigaming.com/ultrapin.htm

Makes me want to cry.... I could totally build this but don't have around $3000 grand laying around.

One day.....

looks like i found my new project... i was gonna build a coctail table, but i'm not a huge verticle games fan. thanks for the idea gotmame.