All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pcxs2 titles not showing up

drummerjake

So I have pcxs 2  for playstation 2 games set up in a arcade edition of gameex and it doenst automatically  download the artwork like it does for my other emulators.  So I went to emumovies and downloaded the logos there I put the in the title folder and they dont show up but if i put them in the snap folder they do.  So i know they match the names of the games.  Anybody know what is going on here.

Hi Drummerjake,

Please be aware that not all of the assets at Emumovies are part of the free artwork download provided by GameEx. For instance, I just finished setting up Champions of Norrath and the only asset that downloaded for free was the box art. I believe higher quality assets require a subscription and there may be some systems that only offer them at high quality. I should also mention that the free asset download via GameEx has a per day cap (250 meg if I recall correctly).

If the asset filenames for the title, snap, logo, videos, backgrounds, etc exactly match the filename of the game and they are valid .jpg or .png assets, then they should be displayed. There are also some instances where if a filename match is not found for an asset, an alternate asset will be used. For example, if the a match is not found for the title asset, but is for the boxart, the boxart will be displayed for the title asset. There isn't any parameter to adjust for this sort of thing.

I suggest rechecking the your paths and filenames against the filename of the game for misspellings. One letter off could mean the difference. You might also test by grabbing some images from other games you know are working, reaname them, and test them under PS2. Even Emumovies could get a bad filename I suppose.

If you are sure all the filenames match, I can only suggest reinstalling GameEx Arcade over itself. Perhaps it will do the trick.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Pcxs2 titles not showing up